Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

Cell Phone Numbers Go Public today REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls. .... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.. It takes about 20 seconds.

edit: my fault here is the info from FCC website

Despite Re-Circulating E-mail, It is Still Not Necessary to Register Cell Phone Numbers
As the number of phone numbers on the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry surpassed 139 million, the Federal Trade Commission today reiterated that despite the claims made in e-mails circulating on the Internet, consumers should not be concerned that their cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketers at any time in the near future. In addition, according to the agency, it is not necessary to register cell phone numbers on the DNC Registry to be protected from most telemarketing calls to cell phones.
The truth about cell phones and the DNC Registry is:
• Contrary to the e-mail, cell phone numbers are NOT being released to telemarketers, and you will NOT soon be getting telemarketing calls on your cell phone.
• There is NO deadline by which you must register your cell phone number on the Registry.
• Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers are barred from calling consumers on their cell phones without their consent.
• The national associations representing telemarketers have stated that their clients do not intend to start calling consumers’ cell phones.
• There is only ONE DNC Registry. There is no separate registry for cell phones.
• The DNC Registry accepts registrations from both cell phones and land lines. You must call from the phone number that you want to register. If you register online, you must respond to a confirmation e-mail.
• While the telecommunications industry has been discussing the possibility of creating a wireless 411 directory, according to the FCC, even if a wireless 411 directory is established, most telemarketing calls to cell phones would still be illegal, regardless of whether the number is listed on the federal government’s National Do Not Call Registry.
For More Information
To learn more about the National DNC Registry and the rules that enforce it, visit the FTC at www.ftc.gov or the FCC at www.fcc.gov. For more information about a planned “wireless 411” directory, visit http://www.iq411.com/wireless411/index.shtml.

Last edited by m0n1; 09-04-2008 at 03:05 PM..
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

cock deisel bastards.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Fuckin' spam...

Yeah I registered my number with the NDNCR a while ago. Cash money.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

mine has been on there, but I had to register my new number. thanks for reminding me about it. why dont they just automatically register your # when you activate any new phone line, and abolish telemarketing altogether?
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Snopes

FALSE

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Snopes

FALSE
IMO, still a good idea to register your number. I haven't received many calls on my cell, but I've received a few

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote