pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default Grandma VS. Bambi

As always the comments section is more interesting than the article

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009...5_accused.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

"I think she should be stoned to death like in Iran. But first, she should be made to watch consecutive episodes of "The View" so that stoning will be mostly incidental."

JC
Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I think that this is another of those, It's a "cute" animal so it's not okay situations. If they old lady had killed a snake, rat, mole, or other less liked creature in her yard, no one would say shit. Why is a deer more precious than a mole? She could coat her lawn in mole poison and nothing would be said. Of course since I've hit three "horned rats" on motorcycles and my brother lost his football scholarship and almost lost a leg to a deer accident... I may be biased. Hell, I've killed two deer by hand myself, one with a baseball bat and one with a pick axe. FWIW, they were both injured and I was trying to "put them out of their misery.

I'm not saying what she did is okay but it always amazes me how people will be outraged about the death of one animal and condone the killing of another under the same basic circumstances. I mean one guy on here killed a snake in his garage and it was all, "Good for you dude" but someone kills a fawn and they are the devil. Hey we all put out rat traps and most of us would kill a bat without a second thought but a FAWN?!? Monstrous!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I think that this is another of those, It's a "cute" animal so it's not okay situations.
As usual, you're wrong.

What separates humans from most animals, is the ability to be humane. It's not so much the outcome of Grandma vs. Bambi, that would bother any decent person, but more so, the method in which Bambi was dispatched.

What I find ironic, is that many people would pay $39.95, for a fake plastic yard Bambi, yet when when crazy pants granny gets a real one for free, her first instinct is to slaughter it with a blunt instrument.

With that in mind, let's look at some of her options:

1. Name it Karl, and build it a guest room by the garage.

2. Take a picture of it for the grandkids, in the hope that the grandkids will stop sending letters that start: "Dear GrandaMa, Are you dead yet? Daddy says you can't be, because Vampires never die."

3. Yell, "SHOO!" in a calm, yet assertive voice.

4. Call animal control, or a neighbor who is reasonably accurate with a rifle.

5. Beat it to death with your dead husband Karl's, ex-favorite shovel.

Options one and five, are sure to get your picture in the paper, because either way, you're a fucking psycho.

JC
Old 07-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
As usual, you're wrong.

What separates humans from most animals, is the ability to be humane. It's not so much the outcome of Grandma vs. Bambi, that would bother any decent person, but more so, the method in which Bambi was dispatched.

What I find ironic, is that many people would pay $39.95, for a fake plastic yard Bambi, yet when when crazy pants granny gets a real one for free, her first instinct is to slaughter it with a blunt instrument.

With that in mind, let's look at some of her options:

1. Name it Karl, and build it a guest room by the garage.

2. Take a picture of it for the grandkids, in the hope that the grandkids will stop sending letters that start: "Dear GrandaMa, Are you dead yet? Daddy says you can't be, because Vampires never die."

3. Yell, "SHOO!" in a calm, yet assertive voice.

4. Call animal control, or a neighbor who is reasonably accurate with a rifle.

5. Beat it to death with your dead husband Karl's, ex-favorite shovel.

Options one and five, are sure to get your picture in the paper, because either way, you're a fucking psycho.

JC
Huh what? AMJ thinks that I am wrong? OMG, I may expire from surprise!

Nah Pops, I'm exactly right because you were one of the people praising the premeditated murder of a poor defenseless snake a few weeks ago. So if he finds a snake in his garage, it's okay to kill it but if it's something cute, well that's a different story. Well, see if you can agree with this, deer are responsible for more human deaths and injuries than any other animal in this country. It's not even close. As far as I'm concerned, Granny can go ahead and kill them all! Although, I would perfer she use a more "humane" weapon also... I forget, did they say how many strikes it took to kill the fawn? I mean if she got it in one, a rifle wouldn't be much better... just saying.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
AMJ

(not you, the mj (MJ) thing)

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
was92v
Nowhere Man

Norman Bates mother IS alive! Who'da thunk it?

What the old bitch should have done is just leave it the fuck alone. Go back in the house, brush Fido for a while and spread the hair around the garden.
Momma comes back, eats a few flowers and takes the kid away and doesn't bring it back where the dog hangs out. No harm, no foul.

Then if she wants to non-accidentally kill a deer, she can put on her orange hat, grab the old 45-70 Henry, a half pint of lickka and go deer hunting on opening day like everyone else.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Huh what? A M J thinks that I am wrong? OMG, I may expire from surprise!

Nah Pops, I'm exactly right because you were one of the people praising the premeditated murder of a poor defenseless snake a few weeks ago. So if he finds a snake in his garage, it's okay to kill it but if it's something cute, well that's a different story. Well, see if you can agree with this, deer are responsible for more human deaths and injuries than any other animal in this country. It's not even close. As far as I'm concerned, Granny can go ahead and kill them all! Although, I would perfer she use a more "humane" weapon also... I forget, did they say how many strikes it took to kill the fawn? I mean if she got it in one, a rifle wouldn't be much better... just saying.
The bitch is 75 years old, you think she "nailed it" like a Ninja assassin?

But you're right. The number of people killed every year, by baby deer hiding in flower beds, is truly cause for alarm.

If I do kill something, even if it's something I have an irrational fear of,(I'm looking at you, snake boy) I do it quickly, and without malice. Believe it or not, I actually take the time to consider how much suffering will be involved, and do my best to make sure it's as little as possible.

JC
Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Anyone got a you tube feed?
instant viral video if so for sure

Quote:
There goes her NFL career. Maybe she should have handcuffed and tazed it....that seems to be an ok thing to do.
Deer: "Don't taze me bro!"

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote