View Poll Results: Are you a Gun Owner?
Yes I have a gun/guns in my house 79 84.95%
No - Do not and would not own a gun 7 7.53%
I do not currently, but have in the past been a gun owner 7 7.53%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #181
Rider
Moto GP Star

The Glock 32 will be my next firearm purchase.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #182
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The Glock 32 will be my next firearm purchase.
What cal?

Oh...and I dropped my loaded gun for the first time this morning. The worst part: I spill coffee on the carpet.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #183
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
What cal?

Oh...and I dropped my loaded gun for the first time this morning. The worst part: I spill coffee on the carpet.
The 32 is a .357 Sig. The frame, magazine, and slide are identical to the 23 that GM has. The only difference is the barrel.

The .357 Sig is a .40 necked down to a .355 or 9mm bullet with the powder of a .40 behind it. It's supposed to ballistically identical to a .357 magnum. Meaning it's faster and has a flatter trajectory than a 9mm up to 125gr.

Glock's you can drop all day long and won't misfire. I assume the XD's have similar internal safeties.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #184
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
What cal?

That'll get your attention !!

A guy I used to work with in Executive Protection didn't like to use a holster and would just stick his Glock 9mm in his waistband of his slacks ...well one time he jumped up to go somewhere in a hurry and when he was running around the desk he all of a sudden stopped and was kind of leaning over with one of his legs held straight down and a bit behind him and I thought WTF ? He was older than me and I honestly thought the guy was having a stroke or something ...but his pistol and slipped out of his waistband and slid partially down his leg and "he claimed"...aiming right at his nads !! Full mag with one in the chamber and no external safety...other than the Safe Action trigger of the Glock.

Needless to say he changed his conceal carry method.

We had/have to wear suits and never take our jackets off so I used a shoulder holster back then but don't anymore.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #185
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The 32 is a .357 Sig. The frame, magazine, and slide are identical to the 23 that GM has. The only difference is the barrel.

The .357 Sig is a .40 necked down to a .355 or 9mm bullet with the powder of a .40 behind it. It's supposed to ballistically identical to a .357 magnum. Meaning it's faster and has a flatter trajectory than a 9mm up to 125gr.

Glock's you can drop all day long and won't misfire. I assume the XD's have similar internal safeties.
Yes, the XD has a trigger safety much like the Glock. It also has a grip safety which will not allow the striker pin to release unless it's being pressed. Many ppl have dropped their XD's with no AD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
That'll get your attention !!

A guy I used to work with in Executive Protection didn't like to use a holster and would just stick his Glock 9mm in his waistband of his slacks ...well one time he jumped up to go somewhere in a hurry and when he was running around the desk he all of a sudden stopped and was kind of leaning over with one of his legs held straight down and a bit behind him and I thought WTF ? He was older than me and I honestly thought the guy was having a stroke or something ...but his pistol and slipped out of his waistband and slid partially down his leg and "he claimed"...aiming right at his nads !! Full mag with one in the chamber and no external safety...other than the Safe Action trigger of the Glock.

Needless to say he changed his conceal carry method.

We had/have to wear suits and never take our jackets off so I used a shoulder holster back then but don't anymore.
What are you using to carry now? I'm waiting on a Kholster holster. I'm not much of a fan of my Galco.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #186
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Own shotguns and rifles. Don't own a handgun...yet. Had planned on buying one, but had a minor financial surprise and had to spend the money intended for gun purchase on taxes and car repairs.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #187
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Own shotguns and rifles. Don't own a handgun...yet. Had planned on buying one, but had a minor financial surprise and had to spend the money intended for gun purchase on taxes and car repairs.
Booooo.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #188
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:

What are you using to carry now? I'm waiting on a Kholster holster. I'm not much of a fan of my Galco.
I'm still carrying my Glock 27 which is the small size .40 caliber. I'm not even sure what I would buy if I decided to get a new one. I like my Glock just fine BUT I'm not one of those Glock cheerleaders that say it's the best or only one to have or anything.

I've had it for several years from back when they first came out. I had a Glock 23 (midsize .40 cal.) before that and this one is smaller and easier to conceal...especially under a suit.

I did add a plus 1 to the mag because the one thing I absolutely did not like about the 27 is the fact that your pinky has nothing to grip and it just felt unstable to me. With the plus 1 it feels just fine plus gives me one extra round.

There's also so many different small .40 cal handguns out now that weren't offered back when I got this 27 so like I said...not sure if I'd buy it again or go with something else.

As far as holster...just the old synthetic one that came with the Glock...keeps it high...tight and snug.

Sorry for rambling...I don't post often but when I do...well you get the picture.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #189
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I'm still carrying my Glock 27 which is the small size .40 caliber. I'm not even sure what I would buy if I decided to get a new one. I like my Glock just fine BUT I'm not one of those Glock cheerleaders that say it's the best or only one to have or anything.

I've had it for several years from back when they first came out. I had a Glock 23 (midsize .40 cal.) before that and this one is smaller and easier to conceal...especially under a suit.

I did add a to the mag because the one thing I absolutely did not like about the 27 is the fact that your pinky has nothing to grip and it just felt unstable to me. With the it feels just fine plus gives me one extra round.

There's also so many different small .40 cal handguns out now that weren't offered back when I got this 27 so like I said...not sure if I'd buy it again or go with something else.

As far as holster...just the old synthetic one that came with the Glock...keeps it high...tight and snug.

Sorry for rambling...I don't post often but when I do...well you get the picture.
Right on. Thanks.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #190
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Right on. Thanks.
Yeah I had to edit my post...I see if you type "plus 1" you're fine but if you use the "+" 1 you get the gay guy.