Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I blame Bush for the HSA/TSA, not for this terrorist incident. The incident would have occurred with or without the HSA/TSA.

The existing intelligence & law enforcement community was already responsible for homeland security. The fact that certain information was allegedly not being shared between these agencies doesn't prove that a brand new agency needed to be created. Sounds more like a failure to hold certain individuals accountable. Instead the Bush Admin did something that they knew would be deemed more impressive: Create a new agency.

It's just like the business world, every time you create a new department or business unit, you've created a bunch of people who feel the need to justify their positions by creating new programs & policies.
I think your corporate analogy is inaccurate. It was previously like a number of separate companies had merged forming a number of subsidiaries with little executive structure on top to manage the subs in a common direction. DHS was supposed to create that "executive structure" as well as make the top "executive" a cabinet level position. In theory the idea was, in my view, a good one. In practice it has not achieved its objective.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote