Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default My tesosterone production just took a dive

after close to 10 years of service, I finally gave up on my 95 ProbeGT.
So I went out and did the unthinkable.
I bought a fucking Camry.

The rationale being that it's just a station car and I'll be getting a new bike in 20010\2011 and with the wifes opinion of the bike and 2 kids, getting a sports car or muscle car (or any type of flashy car) may cause problems when it's time to replace the Ninja. ("Your bike runs fine and you already have a sports car....let's use the money to go to Disney)

so now in my driveway I have the Mazda6 wagon and 2002 Camry LE 5spd.

Mini review

holy crap this is the dullest car I have ever owned. It sucks every ounce of driving pleasure out of you and I don't think I'll ever earn a speeding ticket driving this thing. the radio is too high up on the dashboard, the steering is numb and lifeless and the seats suck compared to the Probe and Mazda. The engine has decent enough "pep" around town and as long as you don't exceed 5K does alright. No point past 5K as it runs out of steam. The brakes are mushy, handling is 90's Buick. Decent enough room all around, though the wife feels that it will be to awkward for her to work the clutch (she has freakishly long legs at 6'2).

Why this thing sold well back in it's day is proof that Americans hate driving.

I have effectively removed a testicle to ensure a smooth transaction when new bike time comes around.

"Look dear...I bought a Camry because I'm thinking of the family!!!"
Look at all the room...if need be I can move the car seats into here and the fuel economy is great!! It's a Camry so it will last a long time!!!"

So now it's too cold to ride weekend mornings and I'm driving a fucking Toyota that will bore me to death for the next decade.

Let this be a warning for you young-ins....
Be prepared to pick your battles.
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote