Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #23
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
...And I'll even tell you why it's pointless: Sure, it's a penis extension, but compare it to others, like a car, or a bike, or some tech shit:

Car: Transportation, utility, prestige...and depending on model; thrills.
Bike: Transportation, utility, prestige...and depending on model; thrills.
Tech: Convenience, entertainment, utility, prestige.
Watch: Tells time.

I couldn't bring myself to add "prestige" to the watch description, sorry. I just see it as such an anachronism anymore; everything has a fucking clock it in today.

It's just pissing money. It makes as much sense as yacht racing.

We think alike.
I don't see why you can't add prestige to a watch. Yes you can get clocks in cars, wall of the corner store, store receipt, ATM bank slip, hell I can put numbers on my stomach and legs and use my dick as a sun dail. A Vespa will do all the basic things a GSXR1000 will do. But to some the GSXR1000 looks better. Some would never touch them and ridea HD. Others might say fuck them all and hug a tree.

Some watches are just built better, look nicer and so on.

And some people are putting up some really nice watches but what they don't realise is those are styles that they like. Not what Tigger likes.

For me I haven't wore a watch much in the last couple of years. When I opened the detail shop I would take it off while detailing cars. I would set it by the shop computer. Many days I would forget it when I went home. This would piss me off and my arm would feel naked. After a while I just stopped wearing it to the shop. All that time I used my phone as a clock. After closing the shop I went back into construction so I wouldn't wear my watch because I didn't want to break it. My most expensive watch is about $60-80. I have never owned more then one working watch at a time.

There are some watches that make me drool. One was a Citizens dive watch. And now that I think of it there was another Citizen watch which might have been a dive watch as well. They were $500-1000. Its not the price that made me like the watch its the look. It just had the look that I wanted. If I find that in a cheaper watch I would grab it.

As far Yacht racing. Its another form of racing. Whats not to understand?

And I like boats. And can't a boat have the same list that you provided for cars? (Transportation, utility, prestige...and depending on model; thrills.)

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote