Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default latest house buying dilema

Well me and the missus are at a crossroads now for houses.

Sunday we went and saw this

http://remaxsouthshore.net/propertys...&RecordCount=1

and for me it just clicked, its a good price and in move right in condition. Its a little further east so my commutes would get longer and the house is kinda near a main road and a big fire house. its a nice town and its the last house in a dead end.

last night we went and saw this

http://remaxsouthshore.net/propertys...&RecordCount=1

this is in the next town over from us, its a nice part of franklin square is in a cul de sac and many of the houses around it are worth much more which helps increase its value. Now the downsides, the house needs work, couple of windows are broken and obviously need to be replaced just to move in. apparently they either made the house into a rental or were in the process of doing so. The property is a little smaller but still has some good points. there is a lot of upside/potential for the house but I iwll have my work cut out for me.

Were putting offers in for both, I think were goin gto ask for 370 or 380 for the first one and wit hthe second one being a bank reo sale theres not as much room and apparently there are offers for the house already. We will prolly make a similar 380k offer.

I have about 82k and the moment ot use as a down payment, and the lease we have at our appt is 45 days so we can prety much walk at any time. So that makes us better lookin gbuyers since we can move in right away.

I guess I will see how stuff goes today, and the next move will prolly be to get an engineer in to look around and see what else needs replacing/fixing which could def change our decisions.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote