Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #27
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
yeah i hear ya... did you get a truck yet?
I have been working on securing a loan which has been really tough right now especially considering I don't technically have a job yet and the banks have tightened up on loaning to people. Managed to get my Dad to co-sign and hopefully I should hear today if it went through. Then I truck shop and then I pack, and then I travel onward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
How about the Xterra v.s. the Pathfinder ? I currently have a Jeep Cherokee Classic with 136k on the clock and have not had many issues but will be replacing it at some point in the future and thought about the Xterra but "think" I like the Pathfinder a little better overall. It will be a 4x4 whichever one I decide to go with. I don't want a Grand Cherokee or a Liberty so that's why I may be going the Pathfinder route. Thanks
Tough call on that one. From what I recall the Xterras that did come in were mostly basic repairs and a couple came in for recalls. I want to say the Pathfinders didn't really have a ton of problems either but we did have a our share of older ones coming in and out but those can be credited with age and high mileage for their issues. Not that I am an expert but from my dealership experience both SUVs were definitely in and out for much smaller things than any of the more common vehicles.

If I had to buy a Nissan it would probably be an Xterra and then a PathFinder and overall I would avoid any of the other crap. The Maxima's were nice but they often came in for many issues as well. The 350z was too low for my liking (and I drive a lowered Mustang and damnit I am young!) but they didn't really have issues beyond the front wheel camber recall and young people destroying clutches. The Murano's look nice but I can't speak for any of their issues.

One thing that most people may not know is that the Sentra and some Altimas had recalls out for a problem with their intake system. The little screws holding the butterfly valves on were coming out and going right on through the engine. Most of the time when someone brought it in it was too late and so there were a ton of engine swaps going on but overall they were the same cars having most of the other issues effecting reliability.

If you don't like the Liberty or Cherokee (And I understand that!), I would also look at some Toyota 4 Runners. Should match up with the Pathfinder for what you want and you can't doubt Toyota's reputation. Just my thoughts! I am too young to know much about life but I am always happy to share my thoughts on what I have experience with!

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.

Last edited by Quick281; 03-04-2009 at 10:01 AM..
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote