Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
if I see you trying to "rough" pass me I'll put you in the ditch if at all possible. like Tig said, you better be someone "I" trust. on the track is completely different.
Sure you will, when you have a rough pass made on you here, you are on the outside and would get run off the mountain or put in the ditch if you tried to do anything about it. It's easy to say on the net, but here back in reality there isn't much you can do without probably taking yourself out. It's not something you want to do on a mountain where you can easily go off a 100 ft cliff. Better just to wait til you get to the parking lot.

It also depends on what is considered rough passing. I don't think what you think is rough passing on the track applies in this case. I haven't seen bump and run passing like on the track, it's not that bad. Most people just will cut a corner or race you into a turn to get around you leaving lots of room, most of it is just surprise passes where you didn't even realize someone was back there. Some cruiser riders don't like these type of passes or passing in general, sportbike riders are pretty use to these and not what we would consider rough. Very few people will force you to change your lane or line unless they blow a corner or something. I don't use the same lane in a pass unless the person gets far to the right for me and gives a wave by. That's pretty much SOP. A lot of bad (not rough) passing comes from people not knowing the road and choosing bad locations to attempt a pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-13-2009 at 01:00 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote