Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S
Default Been a crazy last couple weekends.

First Weekend
- Good riding buddy goes down at Big Pine in Cali. Fractured neck and broken arm. Fortunately, he's not paralyzed, even though he should be. Him, almost totaled. His bike, rideable except for a snapped peg.

- Another guy from the local forum goes down but in a different spot. Walked away, bike totaled.

Second Weekend, the local forum's ride to Big Pine
- Good friend goes down. He was following me around an uphill left corner. Tar snakes (the tar they use to fill cracks) ALL OVER THE PLACE! I slip in front of him in the same corner but I made it. Looked back to see him tumbling around in a cloud of dust. Slipped on a tar snake. Injuries- sprained ankle. Bike (not even his, by the way), DUSTED! So he ends up buying a '04 GSXR1K to pay back our buddy who's currently in Iraq.

- The dude who went down and I. 250 miles from Vegas waiting on a couple buddies to roll up in my truck with trailer to get us. Luckily we found a nearby bar and proceeded to get shmammered.

- Another good friend. DUfuckin'I the night before.

Lesson learned/maintained?? Wear your gear!! I know for a fact it saved the neck dude's life. And my other buddy's 1-piece saved him from some major damage too. I'm kinda nervous to go riding tomorrow now. Don't know if the bad luck has ended. Better play it safe then, huh? Yup!

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote