Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default Question about Benefit Rides/Events/Etc..

I am talking mainly about stuff for downed sportbike riders and some other riders that go down and need monetary support because they have no insurance or backup plan for their loved ones. Not really talking about a car hitting someone or other nonfault accident, I am talking accidents from riding aggressive.

My question is do you feel the need to support these?

Yes, I ride beyond what should be done on the street. Yes, I am willing to accept the actions for it. Yes, I have my finances in place to not be a burden to loved ones.

The thing is with these bikes so cheap, most any tom/dick/harry/jane/mary can buy a sportbike and proceed to do 5x the speed limit. Some end up on the side of the road with no financial means to support themselves now that they can't work or pay for the bills they have incurred in the damage and put their family in tight financial spots.

Do you see what I am getting at? What are your thoughts on these things? Personally I do not feel any need to support such irresponsibility. There are much better causes I chose to support with my extra finances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote