Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default Its odd...

when the doctor comes and looks at your leg a few days after skin grafts, and the leg is a kind of greenish color, and he says 'Damn, that looks really good, its healing well'.

Apparently the medicated strips they put over the grafts turn the skin green temporarily. All of my grafts took and are beginning to heal, tomorrow I have to put my leg in a medicated whirlpool bath for 30 minutes in the morning, and again friday. Circulation is good. No permanent damage, and ill be home at the earliest friday, at the latest monday!

Is was really encouraging to find out its healing correctly, considering ive been pretty much kept in the dark for 4 days about it (they couldnt take off the bandages for 96 hours after the surgery).

As of now, he put me off work, on compensation, for 4 more months. But did say that between august 1st-15th I should be able to ride the Harley and play Golf all I want. I wont be able to work cuz I wont be able to wear a boot, and they want it 100% healed before its exposed to the toxic environment in a refinery. Thats not so bad, my bills are paid through my insurance, and i'll get 620$ clear/week, non taxable from compensation, plus any expenses the injury may cost me (Travelling, anything I bought while in the hospital, special fitted shoes for walking in, any costs associated with the injury in any way).

So its still going to be a shitty summer for a while, but there is absolutely zero financial stress, which is good. And august, september, and october are going to be packed with as much motorcycling and golf as I can. Then I should be 100% for snowmobile season.

Anyway, theres the latest update for anyone who is interested.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote