Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
Rider
Moto GP Star

Default Yo Tommymac

Hey man, I have some questions about chest pains.

I had some pretty severe chest pains last night so I went up to the emergency room. And they took me in immediately. They sat my ass in a wheel chair and rolled me very quickly down to the chest pain center. They did and EKG, everything looked normal. Blood pressure was normal, pulse was normal, oxygen was at 100% so they dew some blood and sent me for a chest x-ray. x-ray came back negative, blood test seemed ok but kidney function seemed a little high, (possibly dehydrated from the creatine that I take) so they gave a liter IV.

SO the next step was they did 2 cat scans of my lungs, one when i inhaled a some kind of gas and another they put something in an IV and they took more pics of my lungs. Both of those turned out negative.

At this point I'm still having chest pains, so they told me they would set up an outpatient stress test appointment. They wrote me a prescription of vicodin and sent me packing.

I still have the chest pains this morning. Should I go back up to the hospital? WTF else could it be? It's not acid reflux or indigestion for sure. I take a medication for that prevents that 100% of the time.

What else should I be doing? It hurts worse the deeper I breathe in. At this point I'm not worried of it being life threatening. One thing I learned though was that if I ever need more vicodin, complain of chest pains.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote