Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
idk... I'm deployed with a guy who's wife is canadian... they both hate the canadian healthcare system. Too slow and indecisive. She has been waiting 2 years to get her gall bladder removed.
Funny....

Where does she live? We are a "have not province" compared to others in Canada and gall bladder surgery is a breeze. If it really needs to come out, they take it out. Infected stones, blocked ducts...depends on the degree of the gall bladder issue. Simply having periodic pain isn't a pre-req for surgery.

Having lived in Texas (like Sherri) and now work in the Canadian Health Care System... I gotta say, it ain't bad. Sure I pay higher taxes, but I'd rather more people receive tx than go by the wayside. And if anyone thinks our Drs/Medical facilities are sub-par b/c we are socialized, your mistaken.

Shit loads money go towards research here just as in the US.

My father had 2 surgeries for cancer at MD Anderson in Houston. 1987, 1994.
Chemo, radiation...wicked hospital, awesome oncologists. The bills my parents paid with great health coverage (80%) tens of thousands of dollars.

After all that top notch care, his Cancer came back in a different place. Even with all that money and resources, it came back. And that's no one's fault. We now know that chemo isn't useful for his type of Cancer.

When he discovered a small lump a few years ago, he saw an oncologist right away, had surgery 1.5 weeks later. And having worked with his oncologist surgeon, I can tell you he got expert care with ZERO cost. He doesn't get charged for each blood draw, every supply used, or any pain medication he may have received (which was none b/c he's a tough ass).

When I had my little girl, I paid NADA. I shared a room with another girl after wards b/c there were no privates left. Did I care? No...I work in a hospital, I don't want to spend anytime "relaxing" in one if I don't have to. I left 24 hours later. Being a nurse, I know I got all the important things I needed as well as my child. I could care less about the bells and whistles.

Anyway, there's def. somethings about our system that needs some tweek'n. It is frustrating having to wait for somethings. There's never enough room. Things are never done fast enough. And the food always sucks. But I know we do a lot of good for a lot of people that would die otherwise.

I'd gladly pay higher taxes so that any of you could receive health care. But that's just the way we think in a social place
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote