Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I respect that and if I were to move back to Canada I would love to go to Alberta or BC. As I said it is a personal Preference and a Very Different Culture and not to be contrary but fist by my standard 33% is a Lot of money and by the time you factor in GST I bet you are paying 40% of your income to the federal Government. Again nothing wrong with that you get a standardized level of service. One of the major cultural differences that seems apparent to me is that In Canada , the citizen always seems to defer without much thought to the Centralized authority "for the good of the community" The down side to it (again a personal perception) is that while you get a standardized level of care you give up some choice and pay for the communities care with no option but to fund others bad choices. In the States we have an instinctive distrust of a centralized authority "I'm from the government I am here to help" is a long standing joke. We have more choices in terms of health care coverage but it is a personal responsibility. My Co Pay is never more than 1k a year, but I pay a bit more up front. Some of my health care costs are limited as my wife will never have children so I don't pay for maternity risks or coverage for minor children.
A lot of the screaming here in the states come from people who want to have what the other guy has without taking the risks or responsibilities that the other guy took to get it. As I said there is a lot to Admire about the Canadian system , having experienced it I would not choose to subject myself to it again.
One of the most ridiculous statements about the proposed healthcare bill is the Republicans who argue against this government administered program have no problem with their own government run healthcare. The statement would make sense if the two systems had any chance of being similar. There will be no similarities between them.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote