Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's possible to get Mac hardware performance for much cheaper. It just requires you to be more proactive in your hardware choices. Read reviews and ask questions about what mobo will perform with what ram and video card better. It's what Mac does and when you do it, it will work like that. Mac is the good no brainer way to get this done for you without the work though.
...Exactly, and if your line of work is NOT PCs, and you just wanna get back to what it is you do, it's totally worth it, IMHO...because it's also very elegant (the wireless KB looks like it should be on display in MOMA), and energy efficient too.

The Mini form factor is suitable for 99.9% of what we use computers for, and it's so small, so good on electricity, and so compatible with everything that it IS really a total no-brainer. Fuck PCs, and all that crunching and grinding and fan noise. The Mini is near dead silent, despite having a tiny fan, and takes up as much room as a stack of 6 CDs on the desk. Plug it into an LCD TV, and you have an instant (wireless networked) media center PC/TV.

I've finally come to the conclusion that I will pay for the modest privilege of saving my precious time and brain for my real job, and my life, and screw jerking off PC hardware configuration nightmares. It's just not fucking worth it. The Apple shit just works, and you can just get back to life.

Simplify.