Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
What specific European courses are you referring to? Is there a company or curriculum you can refer me to? Give me some referencesa and not only will I see whether it can be integrated into my course, I'll send it up to MSF.

As for it being a "parking lot" course, yes it is. Low speed practice is safer for beginners, and it's a proven fact that low-speed practice will improve higher-speed skill. The point of the BRC/ERC is not to teach someone how to roar down the twisties, wear out a trail on a dirt bike or destroy the track, the point is to teach someone how to get on their bike and ride to work or somewhere else. The point of MSF is to teach people how to ride safely in the most common situations such as commuting or a weekend cruise. If you want to go out and ride like a bat out of hell on a sport bike then MSF won't help you accomplish that. It doesn't mean the course doesn't meet anyone's needs, just that it doesn't meet your needs.
MSF won't go this far. It's a tiered system and they bring you off the parking lot. There is classroom and on road training out of the parking lot on the road. It's a lot longer and more involved. It's not like the USA, there isn't one accepted school. There are hundreds of them out there. Just search for some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote