Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
How about something seasonal? Right now a small personal cooler for going to the beach or lake is always nice, with a couple pockets for dry stuff. Or a pitcher for sweet tea or lemonade at those summer picnics...

Home stuff if always neat too, I cant tell you how much I love my little cheapo bank measuring tape, I use it all the time. You could use the home stuff for home equity loan marketing too if any of thats going on.
One of the best things I received was a beach towel. It was not a promo thing to open a new account but it is something I received free that has been used many times over the years. This could go along with Rae's idea of being seasonal. A cooler is nice too. If you do a pitcher maybe include a mix for sweet tea or lemonade. Same with the cooler, maybe include the ice pack or something a little extra making it more like a "gift basket".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
How about giving gifts to people that have had their accounts for years and for being loyal. Guess thats too har for companies to do these days.
Not a bad thought either. Definitely a different approach that doesn't happen.

Not sure what it is like at the CU you work for but they tend to be more personal than banks. You are a person with a name, not just an account number. On Tuesday, hubby went to pay off a loan at the CU I bank with (we have separate accounts). They asked him if he had found a job yet since had been unemployed since November 2008 (yes, he has a job now). He couldn't believe they remembered. It is this old-fashioned customer service that keeps me there not to mention the better rates I get on loans. The lower or non-existent fees help too. Just plain and simple service.

Erik is considering switching from a bank to a credit union (not mine) because of the better rates and lower fees on everything.

Worst gift is something cheesy that won't get used.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote