Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
CasterTroy

Default Kids electric scooters.....any experience?

Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Thinking of getting my 9yr old girl one.

Read several reviews and they've got me a little concerned.

Quote:
I got this scooter about 1 month ago, a little more. So far I am very pleased with it. The scooter is very easy to control, actually there is nothing really comlplicated about it. It is advertised as being able to go only 15 mph but I have clocked it at 19.7 mph. Only one reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because of the charger. The scooter when fully charged only holds its charge for only about 45 minutes. I have also heard from a reliable source that after about 200 charges the battery goes out and you need to buy a new one. This is still a great scooter and is a good value
Just wondering if anyone had bought one of these for their kids and if it was worth getting a 4 battery version for $50 more...it's a bit more utililitarian and less "cute" but seems to be a better buy if it lasts longer and the battery doesn't crap out as soon.