Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
As nicely and seriously as I can say this...could you possibly be any more selfish?

You love motorcycles obviously. You love the idea of taking a long trip on one. You've said as much in previous threads that I've read. You love your dad. Yet, you are not willing to combine the two?

You're afraid dad will slow you down, worry about him getting hurt, or infringing on your alone time.

Well, has it occurred to you that he's worried he might slow you down. I promise you he's worried about you getting hurt, and he has already had his fair share of alone time I'm sure.

Once he's gone, you WILL regret your decision if you don't go with him.

I've been on many vacations, with my parents, and with friends. The bonding moments I've had with people out on the open road on my motorcycle trips top everything else, bar none.

You are going to miss out on a great experience and something that you will cherish for a lifetime even after your dad is gone.

Hopefully, sooner than later, you will come to your senses, and realize that this is something that is as important to him as it is to you.

You'll have PLENTY of opportunity to take a trip solo, at your pace, when he's gone.

Don't screw this up. You are trying awful hard. Don't do it.
I'm mailing you a bill for his insurance deductible if he crashes.
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote