Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Work is a different story entirely for me. Personal phones aren't allowed most places in the plant or don't get signal because of how the buildings are built. I have a work specific cell phone that is call only that will receive calls because we have our own tower for just work phones that lets us use them most places

Personal use on the job is a no no anyway, so this is really a nonissue. Personal use smartphones should be banned from the workplace. Too easy to play video games or watch videos. If I had a business, you would have to check your smartphone at the door before you entered work.

Personal use time, I want to be able to ask response questions without having a back and forth for 2 hours. It's much easier to just talk someone than txting. If it's a simple "I am almost there" or "on the way" txt sure. If it's asking what do you need at the grocery store or want me to explain something, your ass better be calling me or you aren't getting a response.

Ahh, see thats cuz you work in a high security type deal. In my office they actually pay a small portion of my phone bill since I have to use it for work related stuff alot of the time. I am constantly tracking down my co workers via text while they are out on smoke breaks since I cant leave my desk. Not to mention the random work related crap I get late at night for unimportant stuff that could be handled in the morning. Everyone but me here spends about 90% of their time or more on personal calls, both office phone and cell. One more reason I hate phone calls.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote