Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
They at least allow you to fight back in the event it's needed. How many people in Colorado thought they were going to get shot in a movie theater? How many people in the internet cafe in Florida thought the place was going to get robbed at gunpoint while they were there? Did the two people who were shot by a pissed off neighbor in their RV park expect to get shot that day because their dogs had shit in the wrong guys lawn?

Which is my whole thought process on this question. I don't want to be paranoid and feel like I NEED a gun on me at all times, but I also don't want to be caught without it in the event I MIGHT need it someday. Frankly, I hope I go my entire life and never need the gun, but there is no way to be certain.
What are the odds of any of that happenning to you? Extremely unlikely. And if it does happen what are the chances that you are close enough to stop the attacker but not so close that you get shot before you can react? I dont see any reason to carry at all times unless you feel like you will be needing it sooner or later and for most people thats nothing but fear and paranoia. A guy got struck by lightning at a NASCAR race this weekend, should he have been carrying a Faraday cage just in case?

I dont own a gun and I have never felt like I needed one so maybe I dont understand.

EDIT: KSGregman bear me to it.

Last edited by EpyonXero; 08-06-2012 at 03:36 PM..
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote