Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
As long as there was drinking involved (at the wake) and people were calling me names, yes.

JC
Thats totally different now! You cant change games in the middle!! When I do go, I too want a GREAT party, and I hope my friends rent out Jennings and tear it up in my honor!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #22
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Thats totally different now! You cant change games in the middle!! When I do go, I too want a GREAT party, and I hope my friends rent out Jennings and tear it up in my honor!
Nope, same game.

I just don't go to benefits that don't have beer. It's depressing.

JC
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
legal racing is totally different. it's a sanctioned event and you were well within the bounds of said event yeah we'll pass a hat for your medical or to help your family. if you wad on the street being a knob. too bad.
problem is theres a lot of other knobs out there so they seem to take care of thier own. A few years ago a club had a benefit ride for one of their fallen (ok whatever) and on that ride someone looped their bike doing a wheelie and broke his neck. I planned on riding the day of that event so I wanted ot know where they were going so I could go somewhere else and avoid the carnage. Plus the cops have a field day on these and impound a ton of bikes for no licenses or improper paperwork.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #24
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Judging from the street speeds posted in the "How fast have you gone" thread, it would seem that almost all of us have been a knob at one time or another.

I would have a hard time judging somebody for doing the same shit I've done in the past.

JC
i'm not judging per say, i've done crazy illegal speeds myself. i've always told those around me if I go down being an idiot don't cry for me. i deserved it. hoist a beer and believe me when i say i went out having a good time.

my cousin went down very hard, they called family in to say their good byes etc. i didn't go. he went down after a good night of partying and shouldn't have been riding at all. if you check out that way hope it was worth it but don't ask me to cry for you.
BTW he survived, and did the same damn thing 2 years later. Survived again and finally quit riding. funny thing after all was said and done I was the one he thanked. guess it was somewhat of an eye opener to hear what I had said when they asked me to go visit him.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
problem is theres a lot of other knobs out there so they seem to take care of thier own.

tom
isn't that the truth. all teary eyed etc, he was too young to die blah blah blah. nope he was too stupid to live that's all.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
isn't that the truth. all teary eyed etc, he was too young to die blah blah blah. nope he was too stupid to live that's all.
prety much summs it up.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
When I was racing, is wasn't uncommon to set up a fund, pass a hat, or whatever, to help out a guy that went down hard. Sure, he knew what he was up against, but he was still, "one of us".

JC
Racing without the funds to pay for a bad crash is kinda on the same path, a little different cause it's legal and you are doing it around paramedics and such. It's not like you guys went on the net to pass around the hat and get local businesses involved like some of these benefit rides though. It was mostly from your group, you didn't get shirts made up for it or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
The group I'm in supports fallen veterans, but that's more for those who were KIA/MIA and to support their familes.

As far as for people who die doing something stupid.. if I didn't know them, I wouldn't go out of my way probably.. but who knows, I'm kind of a sucker for hard luck cases, and if I saw a family struggling to make ends meet, I wouldn't necessarily judge THEM on the idiocy of the person who left them in that predicament. But it'd definitely be on a case by case basis.
KIA/MIA is definitely not what I am talking about, thats a good cause.

I am talking about someone doing 95 through the dragon and putting themselves into the hospital with 95k hospital bill and now can't work their $8 an hour job.

Quote:
when you do something stupid (ride beyond your means) or illegal, why should others praise you for it by having a benefit ride?

You takes your chances
you pays your fees
sometimes the fee is death.

if you can't afford the cost of admission stay out of the game.
pretty much what i am getting at

Quote:
Judging from the street speeds posted in the "How fast have you gone" thread, it would seem that almost all of us have been a knob at one time or another.

I would have a hard time judging somebody for doing the same shit I've done in the past.

JC
I am not saying don't do it, I am more like saying if you do it, how much of a liability are you going to be if you fuck up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #28
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
KIA/MIA is definitely not what I am talking about, thats a good cause.

I am talking about someone doing 95 through the dragon and putting themselves into the hospital with 95k hospital bill and now can't work their $8 an hour job.
I guess I tried to address that in the second part of my post, but I didn't do so well.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #29
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Racing without the funds to pay for a bad crash is kinda on the same path, a little different cause it's legal and you are doing it around paramedics and such. It's not like you guys went on the net to pass around the hat and get local businesses involved like some of these benefit rides though. It was mostly from your group, you didn't get shirts made up for it or something similar.
True, that's a different story.

I'm just saying that if I knew the guy, I'd probably help out a little.

Unless I didn't like him anyway, in which case, fuck him.

JC
Old 06-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #30
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
I guess I tried to address that in the second part of my post, but I didn't do so well.
No, I think he just ignored the rest of your post.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote