Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
It's so annoying.

This girl, if I say I broke 100 in golf....she'll say...oh yeah I shot a 90.

Notice it a lot on here with some people.....they've done everything, been everywhere, etc. etc.
Ah some people HAVE been everywhere! What happens is people who haven't been anywhere or done anything in their lives. Meet people on the internet who have actually done things and gone places. So of course those people people must be lying!!!

I can't speak for other people but when you grow up in the military, then your Dad is a bit of a wanderer, then you join, serve 10 years and do some wandering when you get out, well you tend to see and do things. I remember how amazed I used to be when I'd meet someone who "claimed" to have never been out of the immediate area where they grew up. My step mom was that way. She was born in Howard City, Mi. Got married and moved to Greenville, MI (maybe 20 miles). Got divorced, got a job and moved to Grand Rapids, Mi (about 20 miles) where she still lives. The farthest this woman has been in her life, is Chicago, Ill or Detroit, Mi both about 150-200 miles. Now that is amazing to me!!!

I understand that some people lie about their lives on the internet but that doesn't mean that everyone has. I thought that I had traveled until I met some of the people here! Some people have actually lived life and some people have spent their lives in a cubicle.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I've seen it done before. The fastest guy to do the 12 mile ruck at air assault school did it in 1:45 (somewhere around there), but it was with a 35lb pack. I think I did it around the 2:30 mark and I had a fractured ankle.
Well, I could walk 12 miles now if my life depended on it!!! That's not a bad pace, especially with a bum leg. What's the requirement these days?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #23
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

When I did network cable installs I had a guy on my crew like that. Back when they "imploded" the Omni in ATL we were riding to the job when he started talking about how he imploded a house once "to save some oak trees around it" Claimed they used 50 sticks of dynamite

One of the guys on the crew knew I went to school with Travis Tritt so he brought him up one morning while I sat quiet and the idiot "used to run a grader working outside Tritts property in Hiram once got cussed out for getting off the tractor next to Travis' fence, said he was a real dick". Then the first guy asks me if he was a dick when we were in school together and I said, "no, used to sit and drink beers with him at Miss Kittys before he got his recording contract too" It got real quiet after that

Besides being a compulsive liar the guy was a shit worker so I ended up letting him go pretty quick.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote