Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #91
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
So I'm an asshole.

Clearly, but the fat takes up more "space".

Kinda like a pound of pillows weighs the same as a pound of bricks. Which one will fill the space faster.

Well, this isn't a "oh, I've been working on computers all my life and I just noticed I got fat".

I used to go to the gym all the time, I just got lazy and stopped. I mean, I'm not super strong or anything, but I feel that I'm not just starting or whatever it is you said.

I'm benching 215 for my reps, I don't know what my max is cause I've never tried to max out. I do 135 front military press and curl 105 on the barbell. Again, none of these are maxes, just what I do reps with.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #92
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Stud View Post
Well, this isn't a "oh, I've been working on computers all my life and I just noticed I got fat".

I used to go to the gym all the time, I just got lazy and stopped. I mean, I'm not super strong or anything, but I feel that I'm not just starting or whatever it is you said.

I'm benching 215 for my reps, I don't know what my max is cause I've never tried to max out. I do 135 front military press and curl 105 on the barbell. Again, none of these are maxes, just what I do reps with.
Which is all completely irrelevant to your current goals. You want to burn fat....you're not going to do it by allowing your body to enter starvation mode and use it's own muscle for energy.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #93
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Which is all completely irrelevant to your current goals. You want to burn fat....you're not going to do it by allowing your body to enter starvation mode and use it's own muscle for energy.

I talked to a guy I know that's pretty fit, he confirmed what you all are saying. Basically, I can do cardio in the morning before eating anything, but it will shorten the time that I get before my body turns to muscle for fuel.

So, I guess I'll start eating before hand.

KTHXBYE
Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #94
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
I talked to a guy I know that's pretty fit, he confirmed what you all are saying. Basically, I can do cardio in the morning before eating anything, but it will shorten the time that I get before my body turns to muscle for fuel.

KTHXBYE
Well thank God you knew someone fit to back it up. Too bad you don't have the internet or anything to research this stuff before you enact it eh?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #95
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Doing intervals is proven to burn more fat than steady cardio exercise. I've started doing intervals on the rowing machine.

I do cardio after weight training. I do old school Olympic lifting. Deadlifts, Clean & Press, Squat, Snatches, and Bench. The Clean & Press develops speed and strength. My 82-year-old coach had a stroke in December. He had surgery to clear out his carotid artery and was back in the gym deadlifting 225 in January.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #96
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Well thank God you knew someone fit to back it up. Too bad you don't have the internet or anything to research this stuff before you enact it eh?
I don't trust the internet. It's evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Doing intervals is proven to burn more fat than steady cardio exercise. I've started doing intervals on the rowing machine.

I do cardio after weight training. I do old school Olympic lifting. Deadlifts, Clean & Press, Squat, Snatches, and Bench. The Clean & Press develops speed and strength. My 82-year-old coach had a stroke in December. He had surgery to clear out his carotid artery and was back in the gym deadlifting 225 in January.
What are intervals....

You are a human, explain it to me, I don't want google to tell me.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #97
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
You? Your such a skinny mini! But 3 pounds could come off in a dedicated week....
Probably. Not really worried about it but with race season here I like to be a little lower. Believe it or not 2 lbs can make a difference on times. See chart below. And for me to get below 18.5 BMI I would have to weigh 108lbs which is NEVER going to happen.

Quote:

KTHXBYE
I'm glad you asked someone. I am by no means an expert, but have read that you should eat within 30 minutes of getting up in the morning to jump start your body. It is why those that eat breakfast tend to be at a more healthy weight. Although I'm not saying that you aren't already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Times.jpg (41.8 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by racedoll; 05-16-2010 at 08:45 PM..
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #98
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
If you're going to eat something, make it a scoop or two of whey protein. That will help prevent muscle deterioration. Also have some green tea, it raises metabolism.

But this is assuming you're doing the cardio within 30-45 minutes after waking up. If it's longer than that, you should eat more. Oatmeal is good. Don't eat any fast-burning carbs like juice or white bread --- They burn fast, so your body will use them for fuel instead of burning fat.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-16-2010 at 09:50 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #99
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Probably. Not really worried about it but with race season here I like to be a little lower. Believe it or not 2 lbs can make a difference on times. See chart below. And for me to get below 18.5 BMI I would have to weigh 108lbs which is NEVER going to happen.
Yea, I could tell as I was losing weight it was easier to cut time. My shoulder always holds me back though, i hurt it pitching college ball a couple years back. Now it just cramps up and locks up if I push real hard. Especially with ground running, more stress on the shoulder than a treamill. I know its laughable, but I was trying to break a 25 minute 5k a couple weeks back and it was holding me back. Then I fell off for a couple weeks, and gained a couple pounds back.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #100
Switch
dadbod

Yesterday:

Carbohydrates 214 g
Protein 131 g
Fats 85 g
Saturated Fat 22 g
Cholesterol 487 mg
Sodium 1,908 mg
Fiber 21 g
Vitamin A 1,785 IU
Vitamin C 85 mg
Calcium 909 mg
Iron 9.6 mg
Potassium 1,265 mg

I messed up and had Pizza and a 20oz coke.

Breakfast
Egg, Whole - Cooked, Hard-boiled B 50 78
100% whole wheat C+ 36 100
Lunch
Coca-Cola classic 600 243
Thin Crust Pizza, Spinach Alfredo - large 14-inch D+ 237 660
Dinner
Panko Macadmia Tilapia - Ready To Cook Seafood C- 224 377
Oats, Regular And Quick And Instant, Unenriched - Cooked With Water, Without Salt A 117 83
Snacks
MusclePharm Combat Powder 140
Milk, Nonfat, Fluid - Without Added Vitamin A (Fat Free Or Skim) A 245 86
Peanut Butter, Smooth Style - With Salt B- 16 94
Raw Almonds A- 28 160
Oranges - Raw, California, Navels A 140 69
Total Calories Consumed 2,089