Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #111
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Amen Brother. I cringe when my phone rings, debate on whether or not I want to answer it, as everyone who calls always wants to talk about NOTHING for EVER.

I friggin hate talking on the phone. I love texting. Quick, easy, doesnt require a bunch of crap like "hey, how are you?" I'm good, you?" "oh great, glad to hear that, hows the kids?" blah blah blah. We know texting and the internet are killing social skills. Some of us still have them when needed, we just dont have time for nonsense BS.

I love my smart phone. I always have access to the internet, google maps and whatever else I need to find my way, find business or addresses, answer a question before I forget it as I too suffer from CRS (like this weekend J and I were discussing which egyptian god was the falcon headed one, and voila, just break out the phone and google it ). You know, things you MUST have/know, right now.
My sister.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #112
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Amen Brother. I cringe when my phone rings, debate on whether or not I want to answer it, as everyone who calls always wants to talk about NOTHING for EVER.

I friggin hate talking on the phone. I love texting. Quick, easy, doesnt require a bunch of crap like "hey, how are you?" I'm good, you?" "oh great, glad to hear that, hows the kids?" blah blah blah. We know texting and the internet are killing social skills. Some of us still have them when needed, we just dont have time for nonsense BS.

I love my smart phone. I always have access to the internet, google maps and whatever else I need to find my way, find business or addresses, answer a question before I forget it as I too suffer from CRS (like this weekend J and I were discussing which egyptian god was the falcon headed one, and voila, just break out the phone and google it ). You know, things you MUST have/know, right now.
But youre a chick, you guys talk on the phone for hours about nothing. Guys calls are to the point and then done
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #113
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
But youre a chick, you guys talk on the phone for hours about nothing. Guys calls are to the point and then done
Not as many as I'd like.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #114
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Not as many as I'd like.
We can work on that
Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #115
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:

Thats funny big man, reeaaallllll funny.

I would also highly disagree with you on that. At least where I'm concerned.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #116
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Thats funny big man, reeaaallllll funny.

I would also highly disagree with you on that. At least where I'm concerned.
Agreed, remember i live in suburbia hell so all the teenagers are on th ephone all day talking about not much of anything
Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #117
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Agreed, remember i live in suburbia hell so all the teenagers are on th ephone all day talking about not much of anything
Wait, teenagers TALK? Here they text... getting them to talk on the phone is torture.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #118
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Seriously.

I can call a buddy, catch up on his life, make plans for our next meet-up, discuss any other pertinent issues and still be off the phone in under 2 minutes.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #119
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Seriously.

I can call a buddy, catch up on his life, make plans for our next meet-up, discuss any other pertinent issues and still be off the phone in under 2 minutes.
See, everyone thinks women are good communicators... Men are the MASTERS... I'll talk to one of my buddies and know exactly everything I need to know in under 2 minutes... ONSSP will ask me, "what did they say about this?... what did they say about that?... did you ask them about...?"

I didn't ask, I don't know, and no... Conversations usually go like this:

Sup?
Sup.

all good?
all good.

you?
all good.

cool.
yup.

later.
peace.

Fundamental difference between men and women... Men don't give a fuck about the details... all women care about are the details.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #120
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Seriously.

troof, all the rest is filler that we dont need or want to know about anyway