Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #131
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I agree with this except that I think that it's sad that the military was your best opportunity in life...
If you are someone who doesn't know WTF they want to do, why not join the military so you can find out more about yourself? Instead of wasting years in college, studying the wrong major? Like people studying business who aren't even cut out for succeeding in it.

Or, what if someone wants to do a job that can only be done in the military?

Besides it isn't like someone is going to be richer just because they graduated college at 21 instead of 25.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #132
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
More blacks in prison. - Stop committing crimes
More blacks on welfare.- Work
More blacks working for minimum wage. Get more education
More black teenage parents.- buy condoms
More blacks on drugs. - Stop buying them from the people going to prison for selling them. We call them heatbags.
More blacks drop out of school.- Who's choice is that?
Blacks have a shorter life span. -Naturally, or from shooting each-other?
More blacks under the poverty line.- Again, work.
Fewer blacks own homes. -Work, work, work.
Fewer blacks own businesses. -Then they should work for the 'man'
More black single parents. -who's fault is this?
More blacks in the military.
Why? Considering that everything is and always has been equal....

Just sayin'. I mean your black, you seem to be doing quite well. What special chance did you have that they didnt?

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #133
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
I agree with this except that I think that it's sad that the military was your best opportunity in life...
Maybe so, but I'm working on my degree and not paying a dime, I have health insurance for me and my family (which we didn't have growing up) and my four bedroom house with the corner lot and two car garage is being paid for by Uncle Sam. I could have gone to work for Boeing making 86k a year in 2005 if I'd wanted to get out. Of course, I'd be laid off right now and I only had that opportunity because of my military experience. It might be sad that there weren't better opportunities for me as a kid but that just underscores my point, I didn't have a lot of chances to succeed but I made a pretty good life for myself in spite of it. And yeah, the military was my best option. I didn't even have sports or rap music available.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #134
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

so on my morning train ride i got to listen to a bunch of kids (loudly) talking about the party last night, how the one kid got burned by some girl, how he is stealing cigarettes from his job and trying to get fired, and how his dream is to live on unemployment for the next year or so. and all his friend says is "shit man, its your money!"

TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #135
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Just sayin'. I mean your black, you seem to be doing quite well. What special chance did you have that they didnt?
"quite well" ? I live in a small one bedroom apt, have no children, no habits and own a 5 year old salvage title motorcycle and an 11 year old car... That's not success in my opinion. Granted, considering where I came from that's better than most but "doing well"? Hardly.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #136
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
If you are someone who doesn't know WTF they want to do, why not join the military so you can find out more about yourself? Instead of wasting years in college, studying the wrong major? Like people studying business who aren't even cut out for succeeding in it.

Or, what if someone wants to do a job that can only be done in the military?

Besides it isn't like someone is going to be richer just because they graduated college at 21 instead of 25.
So you think that being "cannon fodder" for the government is a great option? BTW a college graduate could make enough money to buy a house with the difference in pay between himself and a private in the military over four years...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #137
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
"quite well" ? I live in a small one bedroom apt, have no children, no habits and own a 5 year old salvage title motorcycle and an 11 year old car... That's not success in my opinion. Granted, considering where I came from that's better than most but "doing well"? Hardly.
Stop dancing around the obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #138
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
So you think that being "cannon fodder" for the government is a great option? BTW a college graduate could make enough money to buy a house with the difference in pay between himself and a private in the military over four years...
Nobody who's trying is gonna stay a private for four years. I made e5 in that span of time, and that's with me fucking up two waiver opportunities
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #139
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Nobody who's trying is gonna stay a private for four years. I made e5 in that span of time, and that's with me fucking up two waiver opportunities
That's true but still last I checked e5 doesn't pay 50k a year....

Look I'm ex military and am Damn proud of it but to say that its the best option for all minorities/poor people is rather sad IMHO.... What some of these guys are suggesting is basically conscription of the impoverished....
Old 12-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #140
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Stop dancing around the obvious
And that is....?