View Poll Results: Are you a Gun Owner?
Yes I have a gun/guns in my house 79 84.95%
No - Do not and would not own a gun 7 7.53%
I do not currently, but have in the past been a gun owner 7 7.53%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #141
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
Found this today...
I couldn't use that in my neighborhood. Literally everyone in my hood owns guns. We've never had a break in for some reason (and I leave my truck unlocked at night with a gun in it)
Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #142
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I couldn't use that in my neighborhood. Literally everyone in my hood owns guns. We've never had a break in for some reason (and I leave my truck unlocked at night with a gun in it)
Glad you haven't had any issues but the truck unlocked with a gun in it isn't the brightest move but glad it hasn't bitten you yet...if true.

on the yard sign...I've used it as an avatar on another forum before.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #143
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I like this sign:

http://www.bushmasterpro.com/item/17...7wSSsdZzMUQ%3d
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sign.jpg (59.0 KB, 115 views)
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #144
CasterTroy

Quote:
hey man, we need to ride sometime!!! yeah...thats the ticket.....whats your address?

I think the signs are neat...but ANY acknowledgment of a firearm (be it a threatening sign or showing off) is nothing but a billboard to criminals that there are guns in there to steal when the owners aren’t home (or to hell with it, they ARE home…shoot em first THEN take the guns)
Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #145
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Unless of course, you cycle past the chambered round so the thief knows what kind of bad-ass he is messing with.
If there's anything I learned from TV, it's that cycling the action on your firearm is essential to demonstrating that you're serious

Quote:
Kennesaw?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #146
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
hey man, we need to ride sometime!!! yeah...thats the ticket.....whats your address?
No problem. When my flood lights come on it'll help light the place up for my 30-06's scope. I doubt many people want to go through that much trouble for a rusted up 38 truck gun that I won't loose any sleep if stolen.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #147
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
I think the signs are neat...but ANY acknowledgment of a firearm (be it a threatening sign or showing off) is nothing but a billboard to criminals that there are guns in there to steal when the owners aren’t home (or to hell with it, they ARE home…shoot em first THEN take the guns)
I love when people say his kind of shit. Hey, those signs you have on your car windows saying that your stereo won't work if it's removed? Those things let theives know your car is equiped with a stereo, better scrape them off. The same people tell me that carrying a gun only gives a criminal a chance to take it and shoot me with it. Try and take my gun away. G'head, try. And if you breL into my house I just hope I'm not home. If you break in and take my gun when I'm not there I don't care, they're insured. If you break in and I am there you won't be leaving with my gun. Ten or twelve bullets maybe...
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #148
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Quote:

I wish I still had a link to the article and study. But somewhere in the south several years ago (Texas or Georgia maybe) there was a particular county with a really bad crime problem. In that area that made it legal for those qualified to carry firearms. Very easy. And the # of LEGAL gun owners jumped dramatically. It was well publicized. Guess what happened to the crime rate there?
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #149
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

And for the record I have a CWP and carry all the time.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #150
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I love when people say his kind of shit. Hey, those signs you have on your car windows saying that your stereo won't work if it's removed? Those things let theives know your car is equiped with a stereo, better scrape them off. The same people tell me that carrying a gun only gives a criminal a chance to take it and shoot me with it. Try and take my gun away. G'head, try. And if you breL into my house I just hope I'm not home. If you break in and take my gun when I'm not there I don't care, they're insured. If you break in and I am there you won't be leaving with my gun. Ten or twelve bullets maybe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
I wish I still had a link to the article and study. But somewhere in the south several years ago (Texas or Georgia maybe) there was a particular county with a really bad crime problem. In that area that made it legal for those qualified to carry firearms. Very easy. And the # of LEGAL gun owners jumped dramatically. It was well publicized. Guess what happened to the crime rate there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
And for the record I have a CWP and carry all the time.

In your hurry to acheive rant mode, you both completely misready what Caster was saying. If a street thug were casing houses, what's stopping them from going for the one advertising the chance to win free guns registered in someone else's name?

Nothing. That's exactly what they'd want.

Nice tirades though, never heard those arguments and bad ass, Dirty Harry claims before. Exciting stuff.

Last edited by fasternyou929; 10-28-2009 at 07:05 PM..
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote