Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #141
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Listen, drop the "I'm gonna get big" attitude...You're not unless you are pounding down pizzas everyday or taking 5 times your test level. If you want to get cut up, you need to lift weights and do cardio. If you continue on the path you are going by only dropping weight you will be a skinny "cut" guy at 140lbs. If this is what you want, then sure. But if you want to be 180 and muscular you need to start following routines that get you there by loading the bar progressively or the reps progressively so your body does not adapt to the weight. Then when a weight tops off, you change the exercise. Just randomly doing exercises without progressive loading is nonsense and will not get you anywhere, esp. when the exercises are not synergistic with the others in the workout.

I said I don't want to get big... reading comprehension.

I'll post up my routine and weights at which I am lifting and you can just tell me all about how random I am.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #142
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

101 is saying, you don't need to worry about getting big, because what you're doing isn't going to do that.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #143
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
101 is saying, you don't need to worry about getting big, because what you're doing isn't going to do that.
Right, and I'm not worried about it. Never said I was.

In fact, I said the opposite.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #144
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

101 said it didn't look like you lifted much, and you said "Yeah, but I'm kinda happy about that. I mean, I don't want to be big, just cut."

Which, to me, sounds like you want to ensure that you don't get big
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #145
Switch
dadbod

Basically what I am doing is this thing called MAX-OT. You warm up a muscle group and then do enough weight so that you can do at least 4 but no more than 6 reps. Then do that weight 3 times.

So Monday is Legs, Tues is Arms and Abs, Wednesday is Shoulders, Thursday is back, and Friday is Chest.

Here's what my week has looked like so far:
Monday:
I forget what I warmed up with, but my Squat was done in a cage with a barbell:
215x5 215x5 215x5

Calf Raises:
400x6 400x6 400x6

Seated Leg Press
350x6 350x6 350x6

I think I left after those.

Tues:
Biceps
Barbell Curl
Warmup: 55x12 65x8 85x8
95x5 95x5 95x5

Alternating Dumbbell Curl
40x5 40x5

Seated alternating Cable Curls (I was unsure on this one, so I just kept going up)
60x6 70x6 80x5

Triceps
Cable Push Down
Warmup: 60x12 75x8 105x8
135x6 135x7 135x7

Lying Tricep Extensions
30x6 30x6

Then some abs

Wed:
Shoulders
Military Press
Warmup: 95x10 115x10
125x5 125x5 135x5

Seated Dumbbell Press
50x6 50x6 50x5

Lateral Raises (Machine)
105x6 105x6

Barbell Shrug
250x6 250x6

Upright Rows
95x6 105x5

FROM LAST WEEK

Thursday
Back
Lat Pull Downs
Warmup: 70x12 80x10 100x6
120x6 140x6 140x6

Seated Rows
204x6 215x7

Hyperextensions (done with a kettle ball)
45x8 45x10

Friday
Chest
Warmup: 135x10 185x8
195x6 205x5 205x5

I didn't write down the rest.

Hopefully tomorrow I can improve by 2.5%...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
101 said it didn't look like you lifted much, and you said "Yeah, but I'm kinda happy about that. I mean, I don't want to be big, just cut."

Which, to me, sounds like you want to ensure that you don't get big
Dude, that IS what I'm saying.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #146
Switch
dadbod

Also, on those workout days, I lifted first. Then, 4-8 hours later did 25 mins of cardio.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #147
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
I'm surprised I didn't respond to this earlier...from the beginning till now you are getting better with the meals, but let me try to give you some sound basics to work with.

1. Eat at least 6 EVEN meals a day. None of this snack shit. They should be in even macro amounts.
2. Don't count calories or saturated fats etc. You are going to go crazy not to mention it isn't going to help. You need to listen to yourself and only count the following:
A. Protein - Do 1.5 times your body weight EACH DAY and break it up evenly thoughout each meal.
Proteins would include, tuna, chicken, lean beef, eggs, whey protein, pork, fish.
B. Fats - Try to stay around 80-100 grams a day of good fats.
Fats would include: Fish oil tabs, almond oil, olive oil, peanut butter (natty), flax oil, UDOS oil (VG shit).
C. Carbs - Now listen closely with this....YOU ONLY NEED CARBS FOR ENERGY. Carbs are the evil with getting fat because they induce a large insulin reponse which ensures the fat cells are fed.

3. Do not mix fats and carbs in the same meal. I can go into the whole thing why this isn't a good thing, but just don't do it.

4. Carbs need to be eaten at only 4 different times MAX. Meal 1, during lifting, Post lifting and 1 hour AFTER the post lifting meal. If you are trying to loose weight I would suggest you only eat carbs for meal 1 AND during lifting. You will NOT get fat if you sip on a carb/BCAA drink during lifting.

5. Eat dark green leafy vegetables with every meal except the during lifting AND post workout meal. You can also eat other vegetables as well. This is NOT fruit.

6. Drink alot of water. 1 gallon a day preferred.

7. For supplements, whey protein is only to be used in the AM and AFTER lifting. During lifting needs to be BCAAs if you choose so. Take a mutlivitamin, two calcium and anywhere from 5-15 fish oil tabs (I take 10). Green tea extracts are good, but not necessary.

8. Cheat meals should be 1-3 times per week MAX. I would suggest starting with 3 and working down to 1. Anything goes with the cheat meals, but a buffet is usually best as it gives you much more variety.

Here is a sample of what I do, which is pretty common bb practice:

Meal 1: 1 cup oats (ground up), 2 scoops whey and a handful of fruit blended.

Meal 2: 5oz tuna, 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar and a bunch of brocolli.

Meal 3: Asparagus, 5oz chicken breast, UDOS oil 1.5 tablespoon.

Meal 4: Same as meal 2, but with mixed veggies.

During lifting: 3 scopps BCAAs, 20oz Gatorade, 10g creatine and 5g Beta Alinine (for power).

Post lifting: 1scoop whey and fruit

Meal 5: Some meat, potato or complex carb with vegetables.

Meal 6: 8.2 oz cottage cheeze 4% milkfat or 6 eggs whole.

I'll get into the lifting next post..
This is a fantastic write up. Bravo! When you say 5-15 Fish Oil, is that a day??? I'm currently doing 2, one near midday and one with dinner. Thats a lot of fish oil.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #148
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

OK...did you read the link I posted?

First don't go 5 times a week....I did this for years and frankly unless you're on gear it is just plain stupid. 4 days a week...

Sunday: On
Monday: On
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: On
Thursday: Off
Friday:On
Saturday: Off
Repeat

Weeks 6-12 you need a week OFF where you would do 2 lifting sessions with around 60% of your max weight for some deloading work. Nothing special there.

Second, ALWAYS do a core exercise each time you lift. The simple reason is this: It spikes test levels to the point that building muscle and getting leaner is easier. Doing 15 sets of curls and 15 sets of triceps just isn't going to do it because you are not letting the rise in test optimize the workout session. Heavy loading with a large muscle does the trick.

Third, the smaller muscles (biceps, shoulders, calves) do not need a massive amount of work. You are just going to overload them. Typically the core exercises will catch the smaller muscles as secondary movers, then you can add in accessory work to complement the core exercises.
Ex: Squat works quads, hams, calves and glutes. Primary is quad and glute, with secondary hams and calves. So..you can follow up the squats with Stiff Legged Deadlift and then a calf exercise like DC training calves.
Ex: Flat bench works chest, but also triceps. So...you can do accessory work like dips after chest to fully hit the triceps. Why start out with triceps when you can heavily load the bar in chest and it hits the triceps? Big arms comes from big weights from the core exercises.
Ex. Deadlifts work lower back, but also quads, traps, biceps and hams. So...you can do accessory work on shoulders to better hit the traps. The dudes with the biggest traps are the ones who do alot of deads. Conicidence? No...
Ex. Pulldowns work lats...but also biceps. So...you can do accessory work on biceps after the pulldowns like 4 sets of 10 or something like that. You get big biceps by doing alot of back work because biceps are small and do not take well to alot of volume. Not to mention they are very fast twitch. So very back is good for their growth.

How old are you? Use your high test levels to your advantage while you are young by focusing on core exercises. Muscle will be built by doing the core exercises and getting cut will come from the cardio. Only until you are trying to further define specific muscles should you be focusing on isolation movements for core exercises.

As far as the amount of reps and sets, just follow the link I posted as this is just a good starter to build muscle without doing alot of unnecessary fru fru movements.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-19-2010 at 08:44 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #149
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Thats a lot of fish oil.
Just think of it in terms of fats....are 2 grams of good fats alot? No. I'm sure 1 piece of sashimi has over 1 gram of fish oil in it.

Eat at least 5 a day.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #150
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Just think of it in terms of fats....are 2 grams of good fats alot? No. I'm sure 1 piece of sashimi has over 1 gram of fish oil in it.

Eat at least 5 a day.
Lemme ask you, why do you lift? Seems like we do it for different reasons.

If in the end I end up dropping to 155, I'm fine with that.

Last edited by Switch; 05-19-2010 at 10:14 PM..
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote