Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #151
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Meow! Oh yea hose me down!!! Hey he took it to bikes with the "I wouldn't want to be stuck with just a street bike" crap. Seriously, the guy is riding a WR250 and trying to give ME advice on what gear I should wear... give me a break.
He was stating a very generalized opinion; you were making it personal to his specific bike. Not the same thing...

As for what he rides? Big CC's don't make a great rider. (I'll be the first to admit that - I ride a liter bike, but I know plenty of riders on smaller bikes who can outride me with their hands tied behind their backs )
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #152
neebelung

Quote:
I'm glad that YOU like it but that thing has got to blow on the freeway! I mean really, what's top speed 65mph? F-man's scooter would blow that thing away!
Goin' fast on the freeway isn't exactly motorcycling nirvana ya know...
Old 06-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #153
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
The GSXR rider isn't in any of the pictures. He was still layed out in the ditch. He was a skinny dude. The bigger guys pushing his bike didn't have any problems.
Oh well they would look hilarious on a GSXR in any case! For the record, I rode a WR back in um '04 when I got my DRZ and I wasn't impressed, so I bought the DRZ which was way less $$$ and up graded the suspension and brakes right away.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #154
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
All of a sudden, my life seems grossly incomplete without it. I don't even use CAD, but it's shiny, and I want it.
I want one, too!!!!! I do a bit of CAD (not 3D stuff), but I use Google Earth all the time for work... I want it just for that!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #155
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Well here's something we can agree on! I mean judging by the lack of damage to his bike, he couldn't have been doing over what 40, maybe 50 mph? I can't see the entire curve but that got to be 80+ curve at least, right?
I hate to even bring it up . . . but now that you've asked . . . we weren't even out of town yet. That curve would be no problem at 70+ and since we were still "in town" I was doing the speed limit which was . . . . wait for it . . . . ready? . . . . 35 mph

That guy had no business riding a 1k. He split to go home right after that and I haven't seen him since.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #156
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

This thread is funny in a lot of ways.

Krabill....your bike looks badass and I'd love to try something like that out. It looks like so much fun.

Tigger....apples to apples man. NO ONE here is trying to tell you that his bike is a comparable street bike to yours.

When I see anyone pull up in shorts/tank top/flip flops/bikini/etc. I think to myself they're an idiot and I wouldn't be riding with them. Simple as. You can ride in whatever the hell you want but I don't have to ride with you if you want to squid it up. Just like you don't have to ride with me.

Now for the philosophy section of today's show........do you think that people that feel the need to relentlessly argue a point on the internet, while bringing their argument to the point of personal degradation, do so because they inherently like to argue OR because they have something to prove, or maybe because they feel somehow inferior?
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #157
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I hate to even bring it up . . . but now that you've asked . . . we weren't even out of town yet. That curve would be no problem at 70+ and since we were still "in town" I was doing the speed limit which was . . . . wait for it . . . . ready? . . . . 35 mph

That guy had no business riding a 1k. He split to go home right after that and I haven't seen him since.
I was going to say, my crash at 35 had more damage than that bike but it didn't have a nice soft ditch to land in, the stop was rather abrupt on mine.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #158
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Oh well they would look hilarious on a GSXR in any case! For the record, I rode a WR back in um '04 when I got my DRZ and I wasn't impressed, so I bought the DRZ which was way less $$$ and up graded the suspension and brakes right away.
The WR I have and the WR your rode are completely different motorcycles. The WR250R didn't even exist until 2008. It uses a single cylinder out of an R1 with the same 26,600 mile valve adjustment intervals, 3k mile oil changes, and is 100% street legal out of the box. The WR250F (which you rode) is a dirt bike, plain and simple and yes, it sucks on the road. The "R" version that I have is a dual sport and is phenomenal on pavement.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #159
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
He was stating a very generalized opinion; you were making it personal to his specific bike. Not the same thing...

As for what he rides? Big CC's don't make a great rider. (I'll be the first to admit that - I ride a liter bike, but I know plenty of riders on smaller bikes who can outride me with their hands tied behind their backs )
Aw come on this is a fight and logic has no place in a fight! Besides, with the same rider on both bikes, I'd imagine that the GSXR would be somewhat "better" on the street.

Geez, when ever you get into a "which bike is better/faster" argument, someone always throws in the "it depends on the rider" clause... but guess what? The rider has nothing to do with which bike is better. Only what rider/bike combination is better.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #160
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
The WR I have and the WR your rode are completely different motorcycles. The WR250R didn't even exist until 2008. It uses a single cylinder out of an R1 with the same 26,600 mile valve adjustment intervals, 3k mile oil changes, and is 100% street legal out of the box. The WR250F (which you rode) is a dirt bike, plain and simple and yes, it sucks on the road. The "R" version that I have is a dual sport and is phenomenal on pavement.
Do they make R version in a 450? I'd love to test ride one if they do.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote