No - Do not and would not own a gun 7 7.53%
I do not currently, but have in the past been a gun owner 7 7.53%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #151
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Nice tirades though, never heard those arguments and bad ass, Dirty Harry claims before. Exciting stuff.
So it wasn't just me thinking it...

Walk softly, and carry a big stick. It's the 'walk softly' part that many seem to have issues with.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #152
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
In your hurry to acheive rant mode, you both completely misready what Caster was saying. If a street thug were casing houses, what's stopping them from going for the one advertising the chance to win free guns registered in someone else's name?

Nothing. That's exactly what they'd want.

Nice tirades though, never heard those arguments and bad ass, Dirty Harry claims before. Exciting stuff.
No, I got it. I understand what he was saying, I just get tired of people saying that my gun makes me vulnerable to criminals. I don't advertise that I have guns but I never really thought of a gun as yet another reason to live in fear, I sort of go the other way.

BTW, I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir. And in your hurry to reach caustic, derogatory but funny dissident, you overshot and went straight to douche nozzle. Nicely done.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #153
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
No, I got it. I understand what he was saying, I just get tired of people saying that my gun makes me vulnerable to criminals. I don't advertise that I have guns
If you got it, then you must know what he said doesn't apply to you. Unless by "don't advertise that I have guns" you mean "have a big sign in my front yard declaring the guns in my house." If you don't, Caster said nothing about your gun making you vulnerable to criminals either.

So, since you know what Caster said doesn't apply to you, why exactly did you quote him and go on about car stereos, "g'head, try to take my gun", and would be thieves leaving with 10 or 12 rounds in 'em?

Maybe because you went straight for the douche nozzle? Nicely done.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #154
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Quote:
In your hurry to acheive rant mode, you both completely misready what Caster was saying. If a street thug were casing houses, what's stopping them from going for the one advertising the chance to win free guns registered in someone else's name?

Nothing. That's exactly what they'd want.

I wasn't ranting in the least. And I also don't put signs in my yard, on my house, or my truck. And I fully got his point. I think you are WAYYYY overestimating about 98% of people who break into homes. People DO NOT want to get shot or take unnecessary risks. Even dumb criminals. I think you are absolutely wrong about criminals thinking those signs will leave them to a great cache of guns in someone elses name. I watched a very long documentary conducted in prisons and talked to prisoners about many things. Among the subjects were targeting homes that they suspected may be armed. And 100% of the time they said if there were reasons to believe there were guns in the house they would avoid the house. There are MUCH easier ways to get guns illegally than to risk the owner potentially putting a bullet in you.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #155
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Yup, i have guns for hunting, and for personal protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:54 PM   #156
CasterTroy

Quote:

werd

Insurance or not, a responsible gun owner doesn't leave a weapon readily accessible to other people. Regardless of how old the gun is, or how little value it has, it has the potential to be dangerous. If a pre-teen/teenager was rooting around in your truck and came across it, then did something with it to himself or someone else YOU would be liable. Yes..I know they have no business in there, and YES the laws suck, but most of the time we’re legislating common sense. And if you break it down gun ownership laws and regulations are there to regulate common sense and things everyone should KNOW about owning a gun.

Also, you DO realize that more break-ins occur during the middle of the day than any other time right?

I think way too many people get the WWDH (what would dirty Harry do) complex and daydream about someone breaking in at night and allowing them to become the weapon yielding hero they always dreamed of being...I mean I admit…I use too myself. When I was 7….then I’d switch to my GI JOE toys and be a soldier.

If you remember me from the SBN days, you’d know I’m not anti-gun in any way…much so the opposite. I’m more anti-ignorance than anything.

Last edited by CasterTroy; 11-01-2009 at 09:06 AM..
CasterTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #157
Kco3rdSOG
The Great White Ape

Moto: Custom Super Hawk

I carry a GLOCK 21C and I have a custom .308 Rifle basicly its an M4 with a .308 bore.
Kco3rdSOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #158
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Not sure how I missed this thread.

Answer: Yes.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #159
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I'm now on the hunt for a rifle. I would like to get one powerful enough that I can deer hunt on occation but would also like to not go broke bringing it to the range. I'm thinking 30-06 but have heard ammo is pricy. and a .22 is too small to hunt. Hmm

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #160
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I'm now on the hunt for a rifle. I would like to get one powerful enough that I can deer hunt on occation but would also like to not go broke bringing it to the range. I'm thinking 30-06 but have heard ammo is pricy. and a .22 is too small to hunt. Hmm
- .223 a bit small for deer, but legal, and great for varmint and plinking.
- .243 great all around caliber
- .270 faster and flatter than the 30-06 with a bit less explosive power.

Just got the gf a Tika .243 before I left with a Nikon Buckmaster scope. Her deer rifle, and my varmint gun until I get my AR built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote