Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #151
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Same as ovechkin, he's a big, tough goal scorer, but he isnt an all around player, no matter what support he does or doesnt have.
COME ON. You can't be seriously saying Crosby plays better defense than Ovechkin??? Sidney Crosby??? That fairy puff?? Thats just rediculous. I'm on the ice crew for the Jackets, (aka the Columbus Blow Jobs) and have been on the same bench as Crosby. I've spent a whole game just watching and breaking down Crosby and Malkin from 10 feet away. Shit Malkin plays better defense than Sid. I have no respect for a star that lets his big boys watch his back. Sure he isnt as big as Ovechkin, but shit, ovechkin puts his body on the line every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Apoc is our special canadian. Sort of like Strongsad.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #152
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

your full of shit. Crosby works harder and outplays both of them. See what girly man Malkin did in the games without Crosby feeding him? Nada, a quick trip home, gtfo.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #153
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
your full of shit. Crosby works harder and outplays both of them. See what girly man Malkin did in the games without Crosby feeding him? Nada, a quick trip home, gtfo.
Come on man, were not talking about teams here. Dont take that out of context. The only reason Canada wiped through everybody was because the roster was chocked full of superstars and captains. Every other team had one or two, but Canada had like fucking 13. Canada was the best fucking team, just amazing!

Girly man Malkin though??? Have you ever seen the guy in person?? Wait, have you ever seen any of these guys in person. No? I'm not knocking Sid's talent at all, but he is a tiny premadonna punk. I skated right past him in pre-warmups before they had any gear on. I wouldnt even go near Malkin. I have no idea where you are coming up with "girly man Malkin". Malkin is one of the bodies that is protecting Sid game in and game out. Don't make up stuff to prove a point.

Lets talk stats though. Numbers talk.

Hart Memorial Trophy- Ovechkin 2, Crosby 1, Malkin 0
Art Ross Trophy- Ovechkin 1, Crosby 1, Malkin 1
Lester B Pearson- Ovechkin 2, Crosby 1, Malkin 1
Maurice Rocket Richard- Ovechkin 2, Crosby 0, Malkin 0
Calder Memorial- Ovechkin 1, Crosby 0, Malkin 1

So Ovechkin has 8 major League Awards, Crosby has 3, and Malkin has 3. Yes, Crosby has the major trophy in Mr Stanley's cup, but we aren't talking about teams here. Take Ovechkin out, and take Crosby out, and Pittsburgh is a much more complete team than Washington.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 03-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #154
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Um, besides the winning goal, Crosby did nothing in the last 3 games of the olympics.

Ovechkin is the best player in the league right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
COME ON. You can't be seriously saying Crosby plays better defense than Ovechkin??? Sidney Crosby??? That fairy puff?? Thats just rediculous. I'm on the ice crew for the Jackets, (aka the Columbus Blow Jobs) and have been on the same bench as Crosby. I've spent a whole game just watching and breaking down Crosby and Malkin from 10 feet away. Shit Malkin plays better defense than Sid. I have no respect for a star that lets his big boys watch his back. Sure he isnt as big as Ovechkin, but shit, ovechkin puts his body on the line every night.
Crosby plays more like gretzky did. He relies on bigger guys to keep him out of trouble, while he gets the goals and glory.
Ovechkin is a more complete hockey player.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #155
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

"Have you seen any of these guys?" I think everybody up here knows of or is a friend of a friend with a few nhl'ers..

Luongo played for our junior team that's not 20 minutes away from our home town in NB. Crosby is from one town over from where I'm living now. Nagi played for Halifax's junior team.

Nope, never seen one of these guys play in person..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #156
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
"Have you seen any of these guys?" I think everybody up here knows of or is a friend of a friend with a few nhl'ers..

Luongo played for our junior team that's not 20 minutes away from our home town in NB. Crosby is from one town over from where I'm living now. Nagi played for Halifax's junior team.

Nope, never seen one of these guys play in person..
Ya, theres no NHL in Canada.

Pork Chop is retarded. Crosby is 5'11, 200lbs. Hardly 'tiny'..

And Karl, Ovechkin isn't even the second best player in the league.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #157
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

Hart Memorial Trophy- Ovechkin 2, Crosby 1, Malkin 0
Art Ross Trophy- Ovechkin 1, Crosby 1, Malkin 1
Lester B Pearson- Ovechkin 2, Crosby 1, Malkin 1
Maurice Rocket Richard- Ovechkin 2, Crosby 0, Malkin 0
Calder Memorial- Ovechkin 1, Crosby 0, Malkin 1

Oh, you forgot two....

Gold Medals: Crosby 1, Ovechkin 0
Stanley Cups: Crosby 1, Ovechkin 0

what do you know, they are the two that count most too.

I watch as much hockey as you do Porkchop, and I've seen them all play. Ovechkin is a showoff goal scorer, nothing more. Crosby works his ass off.. Crosby is the better all around player, any day of the week. Hell, Nash is a better player than Ovechkin. He just needs a team around him.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #158
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Oh, you forgot two....

I watch as much hockey as you do Porkchop, and I've seen them all play. Ovechkin is a showoff goal scorer, nothing more. Crosby works his ass off.. Crosby is the better all around player, any day of the week. Hell, Nash is a better player than Ovechkin. He just needs a team around him.
You might be changing that stanley cup ranking to 1 for ovechkin this year.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #159
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
You might be changing that stanley cup ranking to 1 for ovechkin this year.
good, he deserves it. I dont hate the guy, I just think the kid is better everywhere but in front of the net. And he really isnt lacking there either.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #160
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Ya, theres no NHL in Canada.

Pork Chop is retarded. Crosby is 5'11, 200lbs. Hardly 'tiny'..

And Karl, Ovechkin isn't even the second best player in the league.
Say what you will about me. 5' 11 is a padded number. Almost all small athletes have padded numbers. I'm 6' 2. Dude is small....

Quote:
Oh, you forgot two....

Hey Apoc can you read????

"Yes, Crosby has the major trophy in Mr Stanley's cup, but we aren't talking about teams here. Take Ovechkin out, and take Crosby out, and Pittsburgh is a much more complete team than Washington. "

You keep going back to teams and team awards here. So far your argument has been been complete shit. You have yet to even begin to explain how Crosby is a better player. Only that he has a "gold medal". He is a GREAT player. I can only dream of the talent that guy possesses on the ice. But I dont like players who get protected all game and stand at the goalpost waiting for passes and junk rebounds. I do that..... because I don't have skill. Shit, there are multple people on the Canadian team that I think are better players. And I like Nash, but I think he gets lazy at times.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold