Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #151
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Stud View Post
Lemme ask you, why do you lift? Seems like we do it for different reasons.

If in the end I end up dropping to 155, I'm fine with that.
You seem like someone who doesn't really want advice or you think you know it all. Loosing weight isn't hard...in fact it it isn't hard at all.
Do 60min morning cardio 5 days a week for 2 months...you will get lean.

You are a 190lb pear now. At 155lbs, you will just be a 155lb pear. Do you want to be a pear at 155lbs? Do you seriously think you are going to not loose any muscle if you do a ton of cardio and get down to 155? You will. So....not only will you be a buck fifty five at 5'10, but now with 10% less muscle then before. Then....you end up getting a gut anyway at 155 in a year or so because muscle is thermgenic...so the less you have, the more the fat builds up. This is why bodybuilders get to 260lbs for years...then at 30-35 years old, then skim down to 200-220 at 8% and do work to maintain it.

I lift to get big and cut up....but the problem is that you have to strive to get big, but settle for 10lbs of muscle a year. Striving for anything less gets you little to no gain. Unless you have magic genes, you are going nowhere with the attitude you have. You body doesn't change easy so you need to push it beyond it's limits.

Sorry if this may come off as condesending, but I constantly hear attitudes like this and people wonder why they are the same all the time no matter what they try to do.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-19-2010 at 10:57 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #152
101lifts2
WSB Champion

BTW....the MAX-OT isn't bad, but it's a program for higher weights.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #153
Switch
dadbod

Sorry Captain America, I will try to push harder.

See, you seem to have this thought that it's your way or no way, but you contradict yourself earlier in the thread and say "there are a million lifting routines".

I really don't see the huge difference in what I do and what you are proposing.

Except that you don't mention cardio anywhere, or stretching. Other than that, I think we are on the same page.

Were you expecting me to suck you off or something for your excellent guidance?

I'm eating a shit ton of protein, lifting heavy weights, doing core stuff, pushing the hell out of myself in the gym. So, I don't know what the fuck your deal is. Other than the fact that I didn't say "Oh you're right, I'm going to do exactly that!"

Oh, and I didn't even touch on the fish oil, multivitamins, and green supplements I take anyway, but I guess those are shit because they are more than just fish oil, which is what you recommended. I only take 2, so, I suck and I don't want to learn anything.

Speaking of contradiction, just two posts ago you were like "You better drop this getting big shit" and then in the last post you are telling me to work to get big, then settle for the small amount of muscle I will gain. Make up your fucking mind.

Last edited by Switch; 05-19-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #154
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
BTW....the MAX-OT isn't bad, but it's a program for higher weights.
Isn't that what you recommended earlier w/ your link about starting strength? Heavy weights, low reps?

Are you just posting what I post, but disagree?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #155
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You seem like someone who doesn't really want advice
I don't. Nowhere in this thread was I like "hay guys, can you tell me how to lift?"

No. I said it's to keep me accountable. That's it.

If after a month I see no results as far as physical appearance, general mood, and an increase in weight lifted, then I will consult you, Captain America.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #156
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Lemme ask you, why do you lift? Seems like we do it for different reasons.

If in the end I end up dropping to 155, I'm fine with that.

Well you didn't offer any specific goals other than you think you're too heavy for your height (which wouldn't be true if your BF was lower).

If all you want to do is burn fat, then sure, just do a bunch of machines and high reps.....But he was assuming that you, like most guys, want to protect or even gain muscle mass, so that's why he's telling you how to do it.

Just saying "I want to get back into shape" isn't specific enough. I could understand if you were training for an Ironman or something, where aerobic fitness is what's important......... But you're not, so why allow yourself to drop as far as 155? A guy of your height looks better at 175-180 than at 155, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-23-2010 at 08:19 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #157
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Sorry Captain America, I will try to push harder.

See, you seem to have this thought that it's your way or no way, but you contradict earlier in the thread and say "there are a million lifting routines".

I really don't see the huge difference in what I do and what you are proposing.
If you don't want any advice just say so. Don't care dude, really.

There are a million routines yes. Some work, some don't. There are times to do some certain routines (based on goals, injuries, limitations, increase strength) and times to change it for another . You said you do MAX-OT. Why? It's a hard routine for those that have got there strength numbers up so you get the most out of the routine. Think of it as going into the advanced trackday group the very first time on the track. It doesn't make alot of sense.

Quote:
...Except that you don't mention cardio anywhere, or stretching. Other than that, I think we are on the same page.
Didn't get to the cardio, which is done in the AM on the off days. You can add to this directly after lifting for 20-30min...low intensity.

Quote:
...I'm eating a shit ton of protein, lifting heavy weights, doing core stuff, pushing the hell out of myself in the gym. So, I don't know what the fuck your deal is. Other than the fact that I didn't say "Oh you're right, I'm going to do exactly that!"....
Good...now measure the protein...and it's not really about pushing the hell outta yourself in the gym (cause your CNS cannot handle it over long periods of time), but rather striving for progression.

Quote:
...Oh, and I didn't even touch on the fish oil, multivitamins, and green supplements I take anyway, but I guess those are shit because they are more than just fish oil, which is what you recommended. I only take 2, so, I suck and I don't want to learn anything....
Sounds good. Kick up the fish oil to at least 5.

Quote:
...Speaking of contradiction, just two posts ago you were like "You better drop this getting big shit" and then in the last post you are telling me to work to get big, then settle for the small amount of muscle I will gain. Make up your fucking mind.
I meant better drop the notion that you do not want to get big.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #158
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
I don't. Nowhere in this thread was I like "hay guys, can you tell me how to lift?"

No. I said it's to keep me accountable. That's it.

If after a month I see no results as far as physical appearance, general mood, and an increase in weight lifted, then I will consult you, Captain America.
If after a month you see no results, you can pay for a personal trainer.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 05-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #159
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

Speaking of contradiction, just two posts ago you were like "You better drop this getting big shit" and then in the last post you are telling me to work to get big, then settle for the small amount of muscle I will gain. Make up your fucking mind.
Dude........He thought you were AFRAID of getting big, or using that as an excuse not to do heavy weights. A lot of guys say stuff like that.......They say "I don't want to end up looking like a defensive lineman"......when it would never happen anyway.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #160
Switch
dadbod

this thread gives me a boner