Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #171
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah there's an option. I like the size of my butthole now. I don't need to go to prison the get it expanded. Remember Nee's thread....
It was a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #172
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I'm not expecting kids to be easy. Having a kid is a shitload different than getting a pet. I know pet owners will freak out, but pets being family is horseshit. It's not the same and will never be the same. A kid is on a whole other field of play. I don't even see the point of comparing getting a pet to having a kid.

I'm not gonna freak out but I will say that depending on your mindset a pet can be part of the family or not. Just like you can truly accept an adopted/step sibling/child or not. Either you have the heart for it or you don't. My dog is the closest thing to a family that I have so he's my defacto son. I don't know if I'd love a real son more or not (I'd imagine that I would) but as of right now, there's nothing or no one I care about more... whatever that means.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #173
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
fish don't count as pets, as stated before they are living decorations.
I used to have pacus that would allow people to pet them (they'd float on their sides if you put your hand in the tank and sit there and let you pet 'em)

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #174
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I used to have pacus that would allow people to pet them (they'd float on their sides if you put your hand in the tank and sit there and let you pet 'em)
Try that with a trigger fish... you're likely to pull back a bloody stump.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #175
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Try that with a trigger fish... you're likely to pull back a bloody stump.
I had a Gar once that was like that but he died

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #176
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm not gonna freak out but I will say that depending on your mindset a pet can be part of the family or not. Just like you can truly accept an adopted/step sibling/child or not. Either you have the heart for it or you don't. My dog is the closest thing to a family that I have so he's my defacto son. I don't know if I'd love a real son more or not (I'd imagine that I would) but as of right now, there's nothing or no one I care about more... whatever that means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Probably best that you've decided not to get any pets, then.
I have had many pets before. Yes, you can become quite attached to them, but they are not family. There is no substitute for a living breathing human.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #177
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I have had many pets before. Yes, you can become quite attached to them, but they are not family. There is no substitute for a living breathing human.
Okay, it's all in your heart as I've said. Some people will never really accept a step-brother into their "family" either. It's all within each individual person.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #178
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Okay, it's all in your heart as I've said. Some people will never really accept a step-brother into their "family" either. It's all within each individual person.
It's not a question of heart. It's nature. Sorry, a pet will never replace human. It does not have the capacity a human has in the way we develop relationships. It will always will be the lower lifeform by it's very nature, never an equal.
Quote:
Old 04-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #179
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
It's not a question of heart. It's nature. Sorry, a pet will never replace human. It does not have the capacity a human has in the way we develop relationships. It will always will be the lower lifeform by it's very nature, never an equal.
Okay, then it's not in your "nature" to accept an animal as part of your family. It's cool that you're a cold hearted bastard bro. Don't worry about it.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #180
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Okay, then it's not in your "nature" to accept an animal as part of your family. It's cool that you're a cold hearted bastard bro. Don't worry about it.
I guess it's in the "nature" of humans to want to "humanize" objects and animals that aren't human. Like how we seem to have this fascination with robots that walk on two legs.
Quote: