Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
I think that's nice of you to plan ahead like that, but very unusual. I would definately have her sign something if your giving her a credit card. Not sure I would even give one of my sisters a credit card of mine. If an emergency does come up you could always give your info over the phone to someone who needs it.
I should call the 2 vets and see if they will accept it over the phone. Some places these days won't accept CC numbers over the phone.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Totally not what I was hoping for with a title like 'Is it ok to ask a friend'....

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Holy cow, how long are you going to be gone? BTW I took my dog on vacation with me... I'm sure that the vet would take a card number over the phone.Even if just to secure payment for services until you get home.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I may be the anomaly here. How good a friend is she? Have you known her a long time?

If she's not *that* good a friend that you would automatically trust her with your CC, why would you trust her with your dog?

I would trust my best friend with my life, and everything down from there. If we were in your situation, it wouldn't even need to be said. Things would be taken care of and we would square up with each other later.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I may be the anomaly here. How good a friend is she? Have you known her a long time?

If she's not *that* good a friend that you would automatically trust her with your CC, why would you trust her with your dog?

I would trust my best friend with my life, and everything down from there. If we were in your situation, it wouldn't even need to be said. Things would be taken care of and we would square up with each other later.

I agree...of course I wouldn't have to pay my friends to dog sit either....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #6
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

I totally trust her, I am VERY picky on who I ask to watch the dog. He's my baby. I am just one to always think about the worst case possibilities.

My original plan was to fly my Mom here from the Mainland, she is my first choice to doggie-sit. Ironically she is already doggie-sitting for my brother and can't make it. I figured I was going to pay that much for airfare, I could pay someone at least half that amount to doggie-sit.

The reason I offered to pay, is my dog is well-loved (read = spoiled) and I want the person home evenings and over-night while I am gone. Not just someone to check in a few times to walk/feed him. It will give me peace of mind to know he is getting the extra attention while I am gone.

PS: Dogs cannot travel in/out of Hawaii that easy, due to there are no rabies in Hawaii.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

We have a dog sitter quite often. We have an agreement with our Vet about payment. We actually have a CC on file with them for emergencies.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #8
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Yep. If I couldnt trust someone to hold an emergency credit card then I wouldnt trust them with a key to my house either.

I dont think you should have them sign anything, if you feel like you need them to sign something then you should find someone else to watch your dog. In fact, if I were your friend and you asked me to sign a form saying I promise not to steal from you Id tell you to find someone else to do it.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Yep. If I couldnt trust someone to hold an emergency credit card then I wouldnt trust them with a key to my house either.

I dont think you should have them sign anything, if you feel like you need them to sign something then you should find someone else to watch your dog. In fact, if I were your friend and you asked me to sign a form saying I promise not to steal from you Id tell you to find someone else to do it.
Agreed.

And, if I was going to spend money to have my dog taken care of, i'd just bring her to a kennel with a good reputation.

But giving a credit card and asking to sign a release is pretty ridiculous. Plus, that type of stuff usually doesnt hold up in court, because its not notarized.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
And, if I was going to spend money to have my dog taken care of, i'd just bring her to a kennel with a good reputation.
My thought process is it's better to keep him in familiar surroundings, especially since my dog is 16 and only has about 25% of his vision left.

I'd rather leave my dog with a friend, than a kennel.