Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
They're worthless to me beyond the 2-3 seconds worth of pleasure they can afford me during sex!
Fixed it for you

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Fixed it for you

Uhuh... Why don't you get on that torture rack and run on over here and we'll see just how much you can take sweetie cakes! Oh and thanks I'm already "fixed"!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:

Come on, ya gotta admit that shit was funny!

Good times Tigger, good times!
________
Ferrari 599 gtb fiorano

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:57 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The real question is, how long was this ride? If it was a real "ride" then yeah, it makes sense to gear up. But what about short trips to the store or something? or do you guys just use your car for those?

A serious question for the "gear all the time" advocates here, do you ever use your bike for real transportation, not just for fun? For example, if you had to use your bike to get to the drug store only 2 miles away, would you put on a suit? You'd be 1 in a million then, because I've never known any rider who does that.

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-14-2009 at 01:06 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The real question is, how long was this ride? If it was a real "ride" then yeah, it makes sense to gear up. But what about short trips, or do you guys just use your car for those?

If you had to use your bike to go to the drug store, would you put on a suit? You'd be 1 in a million then, because I've never known any rider who does that.
Well then they weren't "real riders"! That's my point too. I can't imagine putting all that on just to run to Blockbuster, the Mall or whatever but I respect their right to do so if they wish. I just wish they would respect my right not to wear all that if I wish without calling me names or disrespecting me. I remember when it was "acceptable" to wear jeans to ride but now you're a "squid" even in a helmet, jacket, gloves, boots with jeans. I don't think the "gear nazi" types will ever truly be happy until all of us wear full racing suits to cross the street. These are probably the same people that dress their kids up like gladiators to ride their bikes around the yard!
Old 06-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The real question is, how long was this ride? If it was a real "ride" then yeah, it makes sense to gear up. But what about short trips to the store or something? or do you guys just use your car for those?

A serious question for the "gear all the time" advocates here, do you ever use your bike for real transportation, not just for fun? For example, if you had to use your bike to get to the drug store only 2 miles away, would you put on a suit? You'd be 1 in a million then, because I've never known any rider who does that.
I have gone twice in my life without even having a car. In fact, I've been car-less since April until just yesterday. Rain or shine I was always on the bike and I was always wearing "full gear". I also commuted 90% of the time on my bike. 30 seconds to throw on some over pants is not a big deal to me.

Everyone is always talking about "suits." I've never even owned a leather suit. I have a few different textile jackets and over pants that work with whatever the weather is. As far as it not making sense to put on pants to go to the drug store, excluding my cross country trip the two times I've gone down on my bike were within a 2 mile radius of my house. Once on the ZRX in the rain and once on my Magna in the gravel.
________
bald pussy Webcam

Old 06-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #17
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Well then they weren't "real riders"! That's my point too. I can't imagine putting all that on just to run to Blockbuster, the Mall or whatever but I respect their right to do so if they wish. I just wish they would respect my right not to wear all that if I wish without calling me names or disrespecting me. I remember when it was "acceptable" to wear jeans to ride but now you're a "squid" even in a helmet, jacket, gloves, boots with jeans. I don't think the "gear nazi" types will ever truly be happy until all of us wear full racing suits to cross the street. These are probably the same people that dress their kids up like gladiators to ride their bikes around the yard!
I hope not cause I don't own a full racing suit and don't plan on buying one. I personally don't recall calling you any names.

I don't think its squidly to wear jeans, my point was that jeans do not offer any suitable protection. In regard to the riding in the yard comment, I'd wager that I have more miles behind the bars than you.

I like to wear my overpants in the summer cause I can wear shorts under them and be all breezy.
________
Coach handbags

Old 06-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I hope not cause I don't own a full racing suit and don't plan on buying one. I personally don't recall calling you any names.

I don't think its squidly to wear jeans, my point was that jeans do not offer any suitable protection. In regard to the riding in the yard comment, I'd wager that I have more miles behind the bars than you.

I like to wear my overpants in the summer cause I can wear shorts under them and be all breezy.

Oh and you're not the only person in the world, so every comment does not pertain to you... Don't worry about it, I have a similar problem myself.

I think that jeans are "better than nothing" and adequate depending on the circumstances but I never said that they are as good as armored riding pants. You may have more miles than I do but it's gonna be close. I've been riding on the street since I was 16, I'm 44 now. I ride everywhere, all the time. I've also ridden track, dirt, etc. As soon as the snow was off the road, I'd bundle up like the Michelin man and go out. I grew up rather poor so there have been many,many years that I haven't owned a car and a bike was my sole transportation. When I was younger and owned a cruiser, I routinely took extremely long trips on my bike. El Paso to LA. El Paso to Las Vegas. Nuremberg to Regansburg (all around Germany, actually), etc . I average 10-15,000 miles a year even now so not as much as some people but a ton more than others. Oh and the riding in the yard was aimed at people that "gear-up" their kids to ride bicycles in the yard, I thought that was pretty clear... I guess not.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #19
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:

I knew I was one in a million!!

Yes, I'm one of those all the gear people, no matter where I'm going. The gas station is a half mile from my house and I gear up just to put gas in the bike.

And it is my main transportation, 50 miles round trip everyday. Last bike I had I put 22,000 on it the first year.

I've had my wreck, will probably have more. I'm old and ugly to begin with, having half my face missing isn't gonna help any.

Last edited by Fleck750; 06-14-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #20
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Holy shit dude, are you really that old?
________
EroticFantasyxx

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:58 PM..