Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S
Default Tell them I said, "Hi"

So my wife's friend is throwing a 40th birthday party for her husband. Both my wife and I were invited, however, we couldn't find a sitter. Since it's her friend, I'm content to stay home and watch our 1 year old. Before she left, she complained about how much she wasn't going to have any fun because I wasn't going to be there. I suggested something she could do to pass the time... she declined. The conversation went something like this:

Quote:
Her: I really wish you were going to this thing. I only met most of these people one time 10 years ago so I won't have anyone to talk to.

Me: So tell them I said, "Hi."

Her: *confused look* Why would I do that? I didn't even know you 10 years ago so they'd certainly have no clue who you are...

Me: Exactly. Let them wonder. If my not being there is going to fuck up your time, it might as well tarnish their time as well since they'll be spending at least some of the brain power that they'd otherwise have directed at having fun to trying to figure out who the hell I even am and why I'd be saying "hi" to them. That, and you'd get some pretty priceless reactions at which to laugh. At the very least, you can tell me what happened.

Her: I can't do that! What if they get annoyed?

Me: Well, at least you'd be talking to people...

Her: Nevermind. *sigh* I'm wearing all brown... does this red jacket look ok with brown?

Me: Why not? Red is just a really bright brown anyway.

Her: You're an idiot.
Some people have no sense of humor.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote