Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
Samsung Omnia II

I will be getting this phone. Verizon claims it will be available later this month.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10264584-1.html
That sounds pretty cool.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

Still waiting and hoping for an iphone with verizon.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Still waiting and hoping for an iphone with verizon.
You and me both.
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

Vote for the HTC O-zone.
I have an Excalibur(AKA T-mobile Dash)
The
O-Zone has a 528MHz Processor & 256MB ROM / 192MB RAM
Thats up there with a late 90's Laptop!

The touch My dad had one and he hated the screen.....
Old 09-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #15
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

Well waiting IS an option. But not ideal. That new line of blackberries is probably why theyre all so cheap right now. The Storm is down to $50.

Honestly, I'm not impressed with any of them. Usually by the time my time comes to get a new phone I've already decided which one I want and I just go get it. But knowing our upgrade was coming soon, I've been looking and nothing is standing out to me. I liked the idea of the storm when it first came out but I know so many people who are disappointing with it. Plus they're obviously getting the Storm 2 soon also.

My phone is just a little busted. It works fine. But the front screen doesn't work, and I just dropped it the other day which made the small piece of plastic under the battery pop out of place. This allows the battery to shift if I'm texting or something with my fingers on the back of the phone, and when that happens, the phone will just turn off. It's my 2nd one already too. I got it replaced in October when it was turning off for no reason. It does with this one also. I took it back again trying to get it replaced, but this time they wanted $50 and I knew my upgrade was coming up so I decided to deal with it.

My top choice would be an iphone for verizon also. But who knows when or if that will happen.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll just keep my env for now and see if anything happens. Our contract isn't actually up until January. But we can upgrade today.

Any other advice or suggestions is appreciated too though!
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

BlackBerry Storm sucks ginormous donkey cock. I've tried multiple versions of the OS and it still runs about 2/3 the speed in most applications and the web when compared with ONSSP's Curve or Bold or whatever the fuck she has. The big screen and touch ability was coolio at first, but texting sucks cause I fat-finger everything. Plus it's a pain in the ass to copy/paste, post on TWFix, and pretty much everything else I want to do with it. It half-ass freezes all the time and I constantly have to pull the battery. Everyone always goes, "Oooo sweet phone" when I pull it out, but that's about the only thing remotely ok about it.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #17
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Oh, and if you're going to use both hands to do something while talking on the phone, craddling it on your shoulder... forget about it... your face will mute the mic, attempt to conference in someone else, put the phone on speaker, or fucking hang up on them... Oh, or you'll drop it cause it weighs 8lbs.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Check out http://www.phonescoop.com for all things cell phone.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
BlackBerry Storm sucks ginormous donkey cock. I've tried multiple versions of the OS and it still runs about 2/3 the speed in most applications and the web when compared with ONSSP's Curve or Bold or whatever the fuck she has. The big screen and touch ability was coolio at first, but texting sucks cause I fat-finger everything. Plus it's a pain in the ass to copy/paste, post on TWFix, and pretty much everything else I want to do with it. It half-ass freezes all the time and I constantly have to pull the battery. Everyone always goes, "Oooo sweet phone" when I pull it out, but that's about the only thing remotely ok about it.
i have had great luck with .151. The rest of the OSes have been donkey balls. It's bearable for me on .151. I am going to break it when Storm 2 comes out if they discontinue the storm, see if they will give me the Storm 2.

Have you tried .167 yet? It just came out. I have been reluctant because of the stability I have with .151.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
i have had great luck with .151. The rest of the OSes have been donkey balls. It's bearable for me on .151. I am going to break it when Storm 2 comes out if they discontinue the storm, see if they will give me the Storm 2.

Have you tried .167 yet? It just came out. I have been reluctant because of the stability I have with .151.
I'm still on .142. I pretty much lost hope after upgrading, then downgrading, only to upgrade again because this one was so much better, this other one actually was more stable, but in reality they both sucked.