I disagree with this idea 17 65.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2010, 01:52 AM   #11
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
For something like this though where they aren't making it accessible to everyone, put a fucking work filter on it. They don't need to be playing farm town or xbox live on it.
Agreed. If I can't access the site from a DOD computer, welfare rats shouldn't be able to either.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 AM   #12
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Eh....I don't agree. The problem is if you have everyone using the shit for free, the people who actually need it will end up with slow ass internet. So then....they will be paying more taxes and have to pay for a higher speed internet anyway.

If public housing wants internet, then they can pay for it like everyone else.
Gonna agree with turd brain here.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Eh....I don't agree. The problem is if you have everyone using the shit for free, the people who actually need it will end up with slow ass internet. So then....they will be paying more taxes and have to pay for a higher speed internet anyway.

If public housing wants internet, then they can pay for it like everyone else.
That's why you keep upgrading the system. It's better than being held hostage by the internet companies we have today. They would actually have to be really innovative for people to want to pay for internet. They would actually have to get off their ass and work for our dollars.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am all for making basic internet needs accessible to everyone for absolutely free.

I would be willing to pay for taxes to implement it for everyone. It's almost a necessity nowadays. TVA doesn't even take paper applications anymore. You need internet access to apply with them.

For something like this though where they aren't making it accessible to everyone, put a fucking work filter on it. They don't need to be playing farm town or xbox live on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Talk on what, soup cans and string?

If you don't have basic communication, you may as well be walking in LA.

JC
Agree x2.

Basic internet is quickly becoming a necessity. Phone is something that should be provided as well... however, I'd take it even further... cell phones and cable, etc should not even be ALLOWED if you are receiving public assistance. Fuck that... You cannot pay for your basic needs like food and shelter, but you can afford 120 channels and unlimited texts/calls on your iPhone? Something is backwards there.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Agreed. If I can't access the site from a DOD computer, welfare rats shouldn't be able to either.
Yes

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #16
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Agree x2.

Basic internet is quickly becoming a necessity. Phone is something that should be provided as well... however, I'd take it even further... cell phones and cable, etc should not even be ALLOWED if you are receiving public assistance. Fuck that... You cannot pay for your basic needs like food and shelter, but you can afford 120 channels and unlimited texts/calls on your iPhone? Something is backwards there.
I can agree with that. If they have school aged children, then they should have internet. As far as im concerned, its more important to a student today then any other form of media. The other stuff though, I say strip it away. No need for people on welfare to have Sattelite TV and new cars, like many near here.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #17
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

This is a good idea.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Man, what a subject. In reading this thread, a lot of you who agree with this make sense. When you talk about children bettering themselves and internet access becoming a necessity, it's hard to argue.

But, I'm extremely jaded. I see fucktards every day taking advantage of the system. I see people working cash jobs so they don't lose their low income housing. I see deadbeats shitting out kids and refusing to work, but they walk in with a $8,000 tax refund check. And don't get me started on the "disability" crowd.

So I say let the kids use the school computers or the library computers. You think deadbeat parents are gonna let the kids use the computer? Hell no. Those parents will be dicking around on it 24/7. Let's not perpetuate the "entitlement". Let's teach those kids they have to work to get ahead.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #19
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Sounds like we are in agreement on many points.

When people have whittled down to the necessities and need a hand to make a better life, I find that easier to accept than someone in public housing complaining about paying a media bill higher than many upper middle class would be willing to pay.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Sounds like we are in agreement on many points.

When people have whittled down to the necessities and need a hand to make a better life, I find that easier to accept than someone in public housing complaining about paying a media bill higher than many upper middle class would be willing to pay.
Or bitching about not having free utilities while posing for a picture in front of their 55" plasma TV and xBox 360...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote