Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I will within possibility not fly anywhere... 1. the trip is much more entertaining 2. I've never had a fear/phobia of flying but I just dislike it.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #12
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I refuse to fly unless absolutely necessary. I'll either drive or take the train.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Um... my biggest problem with this idea is simple. How do you protect thousands of miles of track from vandals and terrorists? Besides, do you think that it'll be any easier to get on one of these trains than it is a plane? I mean, what a target for terrorists. We build a train system costing billions of dollars and they can take it out with a small bomb on a bridge/track Hogan's Heroes style... It would be super easy, bomb on track with a proximity sensor on the train.
Jesus tig...Do you have a bomb shelter in your basement for when the Nazi's Attack the US?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Um... my biggest problem with this idea is simple. How do you protect thousands of miles of track from vandals and terrorists? Besides, do you think that it'll be any easier to get on one of these trains than it is a plane? I mean, what a target for terrorists. We build a train system costing billions of dollars and they can take it out with a small bomb on a bridge/track Hogan's Heroes style... It would be super easy, bomb on track with a proximity sensor on the train.
Boy, you have to wonder what all of those countries with bullet trains now do. It's a miracle they haven't all been blown to bits.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

What if the terrorist take over the train and drive it into the White House?

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
What if the terrorist take over the train and drive it into the White House?

The could attach wings to it and fly!
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Jesus tig...Do you have a bomb shelter in your basement for when the Nazi's Attack the US?
Hardy, har, har everybody.... I'm just saying that I'm sure that there will be security to get on the bullet train just like there is to get on a plane and btw how "cool" would it be if terrorists could take control and crash a 200 mph train into a busy rail station during peak?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Boy, you have to wonder what all of those countries with bullet trains now do. It's a miracle they haven't all been blown to bits.
Yea and how many fucking times have commercial planes been flown into Buckingham Palace, the Eiffel Tower, the Vatican, Tokyo Tower, etc? Ten years ago if I would have suggested that someone would fly 747s into the WTC you all would have laughed as well, keep laughing, I don't live in a "danger zone"... My sub-genius ass could easily rig a device to explode when a train passes over it, why not Abdul?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #19
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Yea and how many fucking times have commercial planes been flown into Buckingham Palace, the Eiffel Tower, the Vatican, Tokyo Tower, etc? Ten years ago if I would have suggested that someone would fly 747s into the WTC you all would have laughed as well, keep laughing, I don't live in a "danger zone"... My sub-genius ass could easily rig a device to explode when a train passes over it, why not Abdul?
I think Paula is more into the sauce than any kinda bombings, though being off of American Idol could drive her to do desperate things.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #20
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Hardy, har, har everybody.... I'm just saying that I'm sure that there will be security to get on the bullet train just like there is to get on a plane and btw how "cool" would it be if terrorists could take control and crash a 200 mph train into a busy rail station during peak?
Or...they could rig a bomb to a bus, that's set to go off if the bus goes under 50 miles per hour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I think Paula is more into the sauce than any kinda bombings, though being off of American Idol could drive her to do desperate things.
If she ever put on a suicide vest, she could kill three hundred people with Valium fragments.

JC