Old 02-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #12
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Mac ftw

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Caught one and had to reformat. Thank God I had a copy of windows 7, the recovery disks windows made weren't worth a fuck.
Damn and I thought you were gonna say that you caught one, and had to get a penecillian shot

Last edited by derf; 02-13-2011 at 10:12 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #14
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Mac ftw
Mac is only safe until it's the MORE popular platform (soon), then there will just as many viruses.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I was using avira, and I have a router. The damn thing started telling me I had a virus and trying to make me buy some scam AV program, which I'm sure would have ass raped my bank account. It locked out all my restore/backup stuff, wouldn't let me run any programs, and kept me from using spybot or any of the antivirus I had. Formatting took care of it. I'm pretty much fully restored to what I had before.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #16
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
I was using avira, and I have a router. The damn thing started telling me I had a virus and trying to make me buy some scam AV program, which I'm sure would have ass raped my bank account. It locked out all my restore/backup stuff, wouldn't let me run any programs, and kept me from using spybot or any of the antivirus I had. Formatting took care of it. I'm pretty much fully restored to what I had before.

Anytime you get one of those pop ups on your web browser, just pull up task manager and end process your browser.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #17
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I caught some shit from my wife (lots of sick kids in her class and she had something) and I was bleeding like crazy from my swollen, infected sinuses, but the Amox took care of it.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #18
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Security Tool, Security Sheild, Windows Secuity Center, etc etc etc. I've had a couple of these fake security center virus' before. I have gotten 3 from school research alone. There are a couple ways of attacking these. System restores dont always fully remove the files. I did that and the same fake Java installer hit me. Because these virus' will shut down any antivirus program, and dont allow you to access task manager, the way to best remove them is to enter safe mode with networking if you dont have a copy of Malwarebytes Antimalware. Run Malwarebytes and quarentine the items. Malwarebytes will then restart the computer. At that point run your normal antivirus and malwarebytes again under normal operating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
I'll like to take an icepick and slowly run it into the ears of all the soul less assholes that write this crap.
Motherfuckingthis.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #19
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Yeah. Formatting gets rid of it as well, but it's the nuclear option. I haven't had any problems until today, my laptop is completely restored but a game I'd made a massive amount of progress with on my phone is completely wiped out. It makes me sad inside. Not to worry though, scrapegoat is a programmer, he's gonna hack it for me tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #20
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I'm having problems with Win7 updater. Keeps telling me I have updates, I download them, and they fail to install.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote