Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
CasterTroy

I love the gay pride flag and all the obvious bean-flickers. If this is about rape....WTF are they doing there? Who would rape Rosie?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
The whole thing is ridiculous. The whole thing started when a cop, at a campus safety talk, made the comment (prefaced by, "I'm not really supposed to say this, but...") that if you don't want to make yourself an obvious target for a predator, don't dress slutty.

He's right.

I use the same principle, to make sure that my bike doesn't get stolen. I park my bike near sportbikes, that are more likely to be stolen, and most of my performance mods aren't obvious. You don't walk around, in the bad part of town, while counting out your paycheck in hundred dollar bills either. It isn't about being responsible for the crime occurring, it's about not being noticed by the criminal who might target you.
Agree 100%
Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I love the gay pride flag and all the obvious bean-flickers. If this is about rape....WTF are they doing there? Who would rape Rosie?!?!?

Agree 100%
There are a fairly large number of lesbians working in rape crisis and prevention. Consider the psychological ramifications of someone like a 10 year old girl being raped, and you begin to understand part of the reason for it.

I've volunteered as the photographer for a rape crisis centre charity ride for 5 of the last 6 years, and will continue to do so, for as long as they want me to participate. I simply think that tweaking the argument doesn't serve anyone.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
There are a fairly large number of lesbians working in rape crisis and prevention. Consider the psychological ramifications of someone like a 10 year old girl being raped, and you begin to understand part of the reason for it.
I DO understand that....my snicker was at the content as a whole.....rape, dress like a slut...slutwalk. I found it funny/ironic. Like the tall chick from Glee in victoria secret trying to be seductive.

Please don't take this to an intelectual level where things actually make sense and beat me with experience and superior IQ. I'm trying to keep this at a childish level where I can continue to point and laugh safely from the sidelines out of view of anyone.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #14
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Please don't take this to an intelectual level where things actually make sense and beat me with experience and superior IQ. I'm trying to keep this at a childish level where I can continue to point and laugh safely from the sidelines out of view of anyone.
I need to use this in so many conversations I get into.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
I DO understand that....my snicker was at the content as a whole.....rape, dress like a slut...slutwalk. I found it funny/ironic. Like the tall chick from Glee in victoria secret trying to be seductive.

Are not.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

na na na na na na

I know you are but what am I?
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #17
tommymac
Moto GP Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUWpQau-TDI
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #18
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
They need to have a skank walk, and a whore walk, too. I would like to compare and contrast, so I know which one to go to next year and be "supportive".
They do, and its worldwide AND a daily occurence...it's called the "walk of shame". Not just done by whores and skanks either, apparently it's a coming of age deal for college girls around the world.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #19
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
They do, and its worldwide AND a daily occurence...it's called the "walk of shame". Not just done by whores and skanks either, apparently it's a coming of age deal for college girls around the world.
Actually the local folks trademarked the name and any group, that wants to use it, has to get permission

Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Theres just something inherently wrong in being proud of being called a "slut". That or I'm just an old prude. Does it mean something different up there?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote