Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewpy View Post
Time to update the signature or profile info.

Better LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #12
miztress6
Street Stunter

The switch definitely takes getting used to. I honestly never really felt I adjusted to PA - I took NY and NJ a bit better due to the smartass sarcasm and brutal honesty.

There are two things I both loathe and love about FL. The slow attitude (beautiful on the boat -enough to make ghandi a spree killer in traffic) and the smile and sugar coat. ( you have to learn to interpret "that's different!" or "hmm that's interesting. Which basically means you frosted a turd!)

There are some unbelievably down to earth and honest people. I can't say enough about the friendhships that I still try to hold on to.

Thomas Wolfe was right “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years” I don't know if it's more that I belong to NY or Steve. I do know that Wolfe was even more right I can't go home again. FL will never be the home I left. ( but the Cuban and greek food is still better than NYC )
miztress6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztress6 View Post
The switch definitely takes getting used to. I honestly never really felt I adjusted to PA - I took NY and NJ a bit better due to the smartass sarcasm and brutal honesty.

There are two things I both loathe and love about FL. The slow attitude (beautiful on the boat -enough to make ghandi a spree killer in traffic) and the smile and sugar coat. ( you have to learn to interpret "that's different!" or "hmm that's interesting. Which basically means you frosted a turd!)

There are some unbelievably down to earth and honest people. I can't say enough about the friendhships that I still try to hold on to.

Thomas Wolfe was right “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years” I don't know if it's more that I belong to NY or Steve. I do know that Wolfe was even more right I can't go home again. FL will never be the home I left. ( but the Cuban and greek food is still better than NYC )
Holy smoke!! I haven't seen anything from you in a very long time.

I totally agree about the slower pace. love and hate it.

wisconsin does the same thing with the "oh that's different" thing. That's one of the things I like most about this job is people not trying to backstab you by telling others just how different your ideas are.

Not sure how long it would take to really gel here. at work it took a few weeks before folks really accepted you,m that was ok. in town I don't really get out a lot so hard to say.

not sure if I would go back to wisconsin or not. I have gone back before and appreciated somethings about it that I had missed.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #14
wildchild
cruiser

another update the better half had an interview at Disney last Mon. As of day after Labor Day she will be working at the mouse house. She was very happy to get the position.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #15
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
another update the better half had an interview at Disney last Mon. As of day after Labor Day she will be working at the mouse house. She was very happy to get the position.
Congrats.

Please don't let her become one of those brainwashed Disney employees that fills their house with everything Disney. I knew a few people like that when I lived in O-Town and it was so sad to see how their lives were not complete unless everything they owned had a Disney trademark or character on it of some sort.

Oh, and if she can, get her to take you on a tour of the underground portion of Disney World. Pretty neat to see - about the only thing worthwhile there.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote