Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yeah...I know but when you see one and don't exactly know where he's from...redneck covers it...at least on the surface...just like the redneck brush you used on Tennessee fans....some of them are hillbillies but redneck still works.
redneck originated from east tennessee, they are the original rednecks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Like those 2 retarded fans from The Waterboy?
no, waterboy doesn't do the stereotype very well. It's closer to the coach you can't understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #12
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Well according to your source for the definition of "coonasses"...they say this....

"The term redneck comes from The West Virginia Coal Miners March or the Battle of Blair Mountain when coal miners wore red bandanas around their necks to identify themselves as seeking the opportunity to unionize. Another popular but unlikely[citation needed] etymology says that the term derives from such individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sunlight over the course of their lifetime. The effect of decades of direct sunlight on the exposed skin of the back of the neck not only reddens fair skin, but renders it leathery and tough, and typically very wrinkled and spotted by late middle age. Similarly, some historians claim that the term redneck originated in 17th century Virginia, because fair-skinned unfree labourers were sunburnt while tending plantation crops."

....not east Tennessee....I'm just sayin'...

Last edited by z06boy; 09-03-2008 at 12:45 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Redneck, coonass, hillbilly, it's all the same to me.
Hush yo mouth!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Coonass is beyond redneck, it's not something under the redneck label, it's in it's own league. You just need to meet some real coonasses to understand.
EXACTLY!! And he's right, the coach is the best example people would realize of coon ass...cant understand a word their speaking, and the culture oddicies is like a different country, not just southern LA...

There's also situational coon assed-ness...take my dad. He is cultured, civilized and a great guy but a coon ass. Get him around fellow coon asses and WHHHOOOOOEEEE...off he goes...

And to me, Redneck is southern/midwestern whereas anything north of Mason Dixon is hill billy...with the term originating from the red necks of the midwest working out in the sun and having a redneck...

and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well according to your source for the definition of "coonasses"...they say this....

"The term redneck comes from The West Virginia Coal Miners March or the Battle of Blair Mountain when coal miners wore red bandanas around their necks to identify themselves as seeking the opportunity to unionize. Another popular but unlikely[citation needed] etymology says that the term derives from such individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sunlight over the course of their lifetime. The effect of decades of direct sunlight on the exposed skin of the back of the neck not only reddens fair skin, but renders it leathery and tough, and typically very wrinkled and spotted by late middle age. Similarly, some historians claim that the term redneck originated in 17th century Virginia, because fair-skinned unfree labourers were sunburnt while tending plantation crops."

....not east Tennessee....I'm just sayin'...
It only states that as one possible source, it goes on about how scots/celts settled the appalachian area as possible other sources from it's beginnings in england and appalachia is mostly definitely east tenn where a lot of them settled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #15
z06boy
Letzroll

This is not my thread and I didn't start it but whatever.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
papapoi
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Hush yo mouth!!

EXACTLY!! And he's right, the coach is the best example people would realize of coon ass...cant understand a word their speaking, and the culture oddicies is like a different country, not just southern LA...

There's also situational coon assed-ness...take my dad. He is cultured, civilized and a great guy but a coon ass. Get him around fellow coon asses and WHHHOOOOOEEEE...off he goes...

And to me, Redneck is southern/midwestern whereas anything north of Mason Dixon is hill billy...with the term originating from the red necks of the midwest working out in the sun and having a redneck...

Kinda like drunk rae talk. J/king
Old 09-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #17
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapoi View Post
Kinda like drunk rae talk. J/king
ASS!! I have it on good sources that I can still talk rather coherently when drunk thank you, even walk in some instances!!

But considering I am a redneck raised by a coon ass, at least i have an excuse!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #18
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:

But considering I am a redneck raised by a coon ass, at least i have an excuse!!

Good combo !!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #19
papapoi
Lost

hehe yes you can talk drunk.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #20
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
ASS!! I have it on good sources that I can still talk rather coherently when drunk thank you, even walk in some instances!!

Many of us will find out in about a week and a half.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote