Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
This is coming from someone that doesn't own a gun. How is this bad other then an increase in the price of ammo?

James
Because it's none of the governments business how much ammo I buy.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #12
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

Ok, so I'm reading up on this bull crap and I see the current action.

The current action states: Referred to JUDICARY, Feb 5, 2008

Anyone know what this means?

This would piss off all the people who have been stock piling ammo lately including myself. And all my friends who reload their own. And on that note...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ammobill.JPG (120.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #13
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

Quote:
This is coming from someone that doesn't own a gun. How is this bad other then an increase in the price of ammo?

James
I'm not sure if I really care if they know how much ammo I have. What pisses me off is that I have to discard my entire stock pile by Jan 1st 2010 (legally). Not that I can't, I just don't want to have to build it back up again. It's already expensive, and it's just going to get worse.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Because it's none of the governments business how much ammo I buy.
They know how many guns you have right? So why does it matter if they know about the amount of ammo you own?

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
I'm not sure if I really care if they know how much ammo I have. What pisses me off is that I have to discard my entire stock pile by Jan 1st 2010 (legally). Not that I can't, I just don't want to have to build it back up again. It's already expensive, and it's just going to get worse.
I agree that getting rid of your ammo is expensive and a pain in the ass. When I first read it I was thinking about the people that use thier guns at the range. I was thinking that most would have used up the old ammo by 2010. But it could cause a bit problem for people that don't.

James
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #16
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:

James
How? This is how:

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showpost....5&postcount=41
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #17
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
They know how many guns you have right? So why does it matter if they know about the amount of ammo you own?

James
Yes they know, but we are free to fire off as many rounds as we want if we are target practicing or hunting or for any other reason. There is no limit on how much we shoot. Keeping tabs on the amount we buy doesn't mean anything. We could either be stockpiling it, or using it up. Why do they need to know how much we buy. What if I buy it for someone as a gift? What if all the ammo I bought was destroyed in a flood or house fire? The point it, there is no way to have accurate records of how much ammo anyone has in their possession. So then, what it the point? Adding a tax to cover the cost for tracking ammo sales for senseless reasons is ridiculous.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #18
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
I agree that getting rid of your ammo is expensive and a pain in the ass. When I first read it I was thinking about the people that use thier guns at the range. I was thinking that most would have used up the old ammo by 2010. But it could cause a bit problem for people that don't.

James
The gov't can't realistically force you to get rid of any ammo you already own, but it's more the point that they're trying to do so in order to keep track of who owns what. There is nowhere near enough man power to go door to door in a search for unencoded ammo and unregistered guns. A lot of the people who are stock piling ammo aren't doing so simply to use it up at the range. They're doing it out of fear of the government. Some of them are simply nutjobs, but many are not and I can see the point to an extent.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Did they say they will stop you from owning it or even limit the amount you own? If not then only the price has changed (other then the fact that there would now be papr work that comes along with buying ammo).

James
Old 12-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
We like our guns in Michigan. Just ask Uncle Ted Nugent.
I though that he liked broadheads?
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote