Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
....I've been trolling on Xterra forums and I hear a lot of people talk about the bad gas mileage, but I'm currently driving a Cadillac STS that gets about the same gas milage, yet it takes premium so it costs me twice as much to fill up as the Xterra will. ....
Actually Premium is about 20 cents more per gallon...and at about 220 for 87 and 240 for premium that doesn't come to half.

Personally I'd keep the Caddy. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #12
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
=ebbs15;170689....... I haven't had any issues with any electronics... though I'd be highly pissed off if I did... I hit 53000 miles on this trip... and it's an 06 so no way should I be having issues...

sleeping in the back wouldn't be too bad... if your under 6'... and have a nice pad... when the seats are laid down they slope to the rear so it's not totally flat... and it's all plastic and hard.

the knobs and switches are nice IMO... they're built to be easy to use with gloves on... they work... that's all I care about

the roof rack is nice... haven't used it yet... but it's solid...
Did you wash it yet?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:39 AM   #13
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Actually Premium is about 20 cents more per gallon...and at about 220 for 87 and 240 for premium that doesn't come to half.

Personally I'd keep the Caddy. lol

Well... camping in the Caddy... eh... not gonna happen and neither is dog hauling. Premium here runs $1.03 more than regular. And we don't pay $2.20- $2.40 for gas. More like $3.83 for regular. There's a HUGE price gap between regular and premium here. Why? Who knows but I'm happy to pass the Caddy on to someone who wants to pay for premium. But I do admit that it's a nice ride! Feels like you're driving your couch down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
yeah looks like what your looking for is the last thing I'd buy... why would you want a 2wd xterra? not trying to insult your taste or anything... just wondering... if you only want 2wd... why not get something that gets a bit better gas milage? a CRV or a Rav4 would probably be better as far as MPG... but they're smaller.
I had a list of the ones I liked and the Hyundai Santa Fe and Saturn Vue were on that list. When we went to the dealers I just wasn't impressed with the size of them and they seemed more... "luxurious" than the "rugged" I'm looking for. I was REALLY impressed with what Hyundai had to offer and when I'm in the market for a nice SUV, I'll be taking a second look at Hyundai's Veracruz. VERY nice car indeed. I didn't pay much mind to the Vue as the size seemed even smaller than the Santa Fe and the inside of the ones we saw weren't anything to get excited about. Seemed rather cheap. As with Hyundai, I'm not too familiar with the Saturn brand and hearing that GM is dropping that soon, I'm just not gonna bother.

I liked the truck feel of the Xterra. The size appeals to me too. I really have no need for the 4WD and the 2WD gets a little better gas mileage.

Thank you, G-Rex and Quick281 for the comments too. Good to hear things like that!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

$3.83 for regular??????? Where do you live, Mammoth Mountain? Lake Tahoe? I can't think of anywhere else in CA that could justify those kinds of prices. It's not even that bad in Beverly Hills.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #15
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I have a ticklish sensation that she may live in Canada despite what her location says. Could be wrong though, but the French quote in her sig made me suspicious too.

She noted "We don't pay 2.20-2.40 for gas" and maybe she did a conversation from liter to gallon and got the 3.80 per gallon.

Just my 6 am guess.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #16
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Ok I owned a Titan purchased new for 4 years, not an Xterra but I feel like I should warn you Nissan is by far the absolute worst company(the callous disregard for the customer service was uniform at every dealer) for service after the sale I have dealt with in the past 20 years. Getting them to honor their warranty was required on average a week or more of multiple phone calls to the dealers, usually at least 2 phone calls to Nissan America and on several occasions calls to Japan. As a result of having purchased a Nissan Truck, I will never purchase another new Nissan Product including their Infinity line.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I've wanted one for some time. But, everybody I know who has one says they're gutless, gas pigs.

Seems like they fixed that with the 4.0. You have my interest peaked now..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Did you wash it yet?
washed it in fargo.... and sprayed it off yesterday as I was washing the uhaul to return it... I'll give it a proper wash today though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I had a list of the ones I liked and the Hyundai Santa Fe and Saturn Vue were on that list. When we went to the dealers I just wasn't impressed with the size of them and they seemed more... "luxurious" than the "rugged" I'm looking for. I was REALLY impressed with what Hyundai had to offer and when I'm in the market for a nice SUV, I'll be taking a second look at Hyundai's Veracruz. VERY nice car indeed. I didn't pay much mind to the Vue as the size seemed even smaller than the Santa Fe and the inside of the ones we saw weren't anything to get excited about. Seemed rather cheap. As with Hyundai, I'm not too familiar with the Saturn brand and hearing that GM is dropping that soon, I'm just not gonna bother.

I liked the truck feel of the Xterra. The size appeals to me too. I really have no need for the 4WD and the 2WD gets a little better gas mileage.

Thank you, G-Rex and Quick281 for the comments too. Good to hear things like that!
Ok... yeah like I said... it's your money and your choice... the Xterra is a great rig so far in my opinion... but as I've preached here about toyota... reliability is key to me... will it still be running after 150000 miles? I think/hope so... but who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I've wanted one for some time. But, everybody I know who has one says they're gutless, gas pigs.

Seems like they fixed that with the 4.0. You have my interest peaked now..
I drove an 02 back in 02... and remember it not having much power... but rest assured.... the 4.0 has enough.... well... enough for me...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #19
James
aka Reyn

Moto: General Lee Bigwheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Ok I owned a Titan purchased new for 4 years, not an Xterra but I feel like I should warn you Nissan is by far the absolute worst company(the callous disregard for the customer service was uniform at every dealer) for service after the sale I have dealt with in the past 20 years. Getting them to honor their warranty was required on average a week or more of multiple phone calls to the dealers, usually at least 2 phone calls to Nissan America and on several occasions calls to Japan. As a result of having purchased a Nissan Truck, I will never purchase another new Nissan Product including their Infinity line.

I have a 2004 titan, and have had the exact opposite experience.

1) brake rotors - replaced under warranty for warping w/o any trouble at all - no charge.

2) bed liner bubbled up - they got me a rental car and had a new liner put in by Rhino Liner, including complete removal of OEM - no charge.

3) stock rear end was leaking a little, took it in and they put a completely new rear end in place, 2007 rear end at that w/the aluminum cover etc. No charge.

None of these problems ended up with any struggle with the dealership at all. They've been great, actually.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I have a 2004 titan, and have had the exact opposite experience.

1) brake rotors - replaced under warranty for warping w/o any trouble at all - no charge.

2) bed liner bubbled up - they got me a rental car and had a new liner put in by Rhino Liner, including complete removal of OEM - no charge.

3) stock rear end was leaking a little, took it in and they put a completely new rear end in place, 2007 rear end at that w/the aluminum cover etc. No charge.

None of these problems ended up with any struggle with the dealership at all. They've been great, actually.
I am glad for you. I had the brake problem as most of the 04s and they did fix that one with no charge or difficulty.
It took endless calls some intercontinental to get them to take responsibility for a complete failure of the front differential. Even after ten days of fighting and their eventual agreement to honor the warranty I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks before they could ship one. After several more phone calls it only took three weeks I had to fight to get them to honor the warranty when the exhaust manifolds cracked within a month of each other and had to fight both time to get them fixed. It took a month to get them to fix the stereo (they eventually acknowledged that they had run a sheet metal screw through the wiring harness during assembly. the fact that the truck ate a set of tires in the first 8k miles only too 4 weeks for them to resolve. I would caution anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Nissan product to read through the Titan forums and you will see a pattern of callous disregard for customer service after the sale. If you were the exception I congratulate you and the dealership you dealt with. I will also say that after several posts my documents on my experience with Nissan was forwarded by request to the AG.
Of Cars purchased by my wife and my self in the past 12 years , 7 cars from 6 companies in total. Nissan by far was the worst experience we have ever had.