Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I'll give that a shot.

Do you vacuum it out after or just let it air dry?

I love Simple Green. We buy it by the gallon.
Vacume it out before you apply simple green to take care of the loose dirt, then again after it drys to remove any new loose dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

It depends on how dirty you interior is...a good automotive carpet cleaner is good for spots. If your interior is really dirty and/or dusty nothing beats a carpet extractor but not everyone has them sitting in their garage.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2825.JPG (60.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 2831.JPG (73.6 KB, 47 views)
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
It depends on how dirty you interior is...a good automotive carpet cleaner is good for spots. If your interior is really dirty and/or dusty nothing beats a carpet extractor but not everyone has them sitting in their garage.

James
carpet extractor? that a machine or a solvent?

I use McGuire... though I haven't worried about it for about 5 years... as that was the last time I had a truck with a nice interior... I just bought some today actually...

I stay away from Armorall... as last time I checked that shit was water based... and dries out plastic... ie your dash... but that was 8 or so years ago... and McGuire shit's always done well for me...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #14
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post

I use McGuire... though I haven't worried about it for about 5 years... as that was the last time I had a truck with a nice interior... I just bought some today actually...

I stay away from Armorall... as last time I checked that shit was water based... and dries out plastic... ie your dash... but that was 8 or so years ago... and McGuire shit's always done well for me...
Its a machine. About 180 degree water and soap solution, dual vacuums.

I love Meguiar's products. That was pretty much all I used before I opened the shop. And I did use some of there products when I had the shop open.

I believe Armo all is water based now but wasn't back in the day. I like the water based interior products and I don't believe they cause cracking. The product I used in my shop was water based. It was made by Malco.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6470 [800x600].JPG (96.3 KB, 42 views)
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 03-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Get a horse hair brush for dusting all the little nooks and crannies on the dash.

If you use Armor All or something like that, keep the car well-ventilated because that crap evaporates onto the windshield and leaves a film on it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:

I heard the same thing about Armour All and won't use it because of that. Especially here where dash's tend to crack because of the heat.

About simple green, I tried to use it once to clean a spot on a car seat and ended up with a bigger stain than the spot had been. Just FYI.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #17
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
I heard the same thing about Armour All and won't use it because of that. Especially here where dash's tend to crack because of the heat.

About simple green, I tried to use it once to clean a spot on a car seat and ended up with a bigger stain than the spot had been. Just FYI.
What should us desert folk use then? Cleaning is not a strong point of mine. My car is really gross, so i either spend the money and get someone else to do it while i wait like an hour, depending on the wait, or i clean in myself (which i need to suck it up and do).
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
What should us desert folk use then? Cleaning is not a strong point of mine. My car is really gross, so i either spend the money and get someone else to do it while i wait like an hour, depending on the wait, or i clean in myself (which i need to suck it up and do).
I'd use meguires... haven't heard a bad word about them...

you can get wipes or a spray that you wipe off with your own towel...

I like the wipes for the dash just so you don't get over spray on the windshield... or you can out smart the spray and spray it on the rag THEN wipe the dash (don't ask how long it took me to figure that trick out )
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I'd use meguires... haven't heard a bad word about them...

you can get wipes or a spray that you wipe off with your own towel...

I like the wipes for the dash just so you don't get over spray on the windshield... or you can out smart the spray and spray it on the rag THEN wipe the dash (don't ask how long it took me to figure that trick out )
Spraying the cloth (rags are for the garage floor not detailing. :P) is a good way to keep it off of your window. You can still end up brushing the window with it. So its best to do the windows last. But be careful with the window cleaners. Some will leave spots on the dash that you just made look nice so you will have to give it another wipe.

James
Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #20
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
If you don't like doing it yourself, you can just try to find a good detail shop to take care of it for you. If your car is really dirty it can take more then an hour for a shop to detail it. Plus if they extract it you will need time for it to dry. But where you live it should dry really fast.

When its cold here we had it take up to 4 hours to just dry the interior. In the summer heat it could be as quick as a half hour.

James