Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

If you're away from your desk no one else would know they didn't leave a voicemail.

But if you're sitting at your desk just ignoring your phone.....that's disturbing to the other people around.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

When I started this job I was told by my boss to let calls go to voicemail so that they can leave a message about why they are calling, I can research the issue and then call them back.

And my phone doesn't *ring* it flashes a red light at me because phones ringing irritate me. So I think my co-workers could really care less.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
When I started this job I was told by my boss to let calls go to voicemail so that they can leave a message about why they are calling, I can research the issue and then call them back.

And my phone doesn't *ring* it flashes a red light at me because phones ringing irritate me. So I think my co-workers could really care less.
Didn't know your policy about letting it go to voicemail. Is it just one ring then gone, or rings all the way to the voicemail and they don't leave one?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
If you're away from your desk no one else would know they didn't leave a voicemail.

But if you're sitting at your desk just ignoring your phone.....that's disturbing to the other people around.
I spend most of my day on conference calls (as you can see from my posting habits, I tend to multi-task ) and I can see who's calling when their number pops up... there are times when I am on mute and I can check voicemails using my cell phone... if I see someone calling like 30 times without leaving a message, I get annoyed too. If it's that important, leave a fucking message.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Didn't know your policy about letting it go to voicemail. Is it just one ring then gone, or rings all the way to the voicemail and they don't leave one?
It rings 4 times for them.

I just thought about something else. I am off on Fridays so my voicemail on monday mornings(until I change it) says that I'm not here. Why the hell did they keep calling if they heard my voicemail say I'm not even here.

Last edited by HurricaneHeather; 05-04-2009 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: I can't spell worth a crap
Old 05-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #16
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
It rings 4 times for them.

I just thought about something else. I am off on Fridays so my voicemail on monday mornings(until I change it) says that I'm not here. Why the hell did they keep calling if they heard my voicemail say I'm not even here.
you make me if you think people actually listen to voicemail greetings

I was off for a week once and someone called me in the morning on the first day I was gone and then proceeded to leave me 5 very irate messages for not calling them back even though my voicemail included that I was not there, how to reach my backup, and how to get in touch with someone other than my backup in the event my backup was, for some reason,not available.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #17
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I didn't know your phone doesn't "ring".

If that's the case just go for it. If you see that number pop up I'd let it go to VM unless curiousity gets the better of you and you want to answer it. I know it'd get the better of me OR.....I'd want to mess with them.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #18
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
you make me if you think people actually listen to voicemail greetings

I was off for a week once and someone called me in the morning on the first day I was gone and then proceeded to leave me 5 very irate messages for not calling them back even though my voicemail included that I was not there, how to reach my backup, and how to get in touch with someone other than my backup in the event my backup was, for some reason,not available.
Yeah, really what the hell am I thinking.

My favorite was when one of my crazy clients called me at 7pm on a Friday, but she listened to my voicemail that said I leave at 5:30 and left an irate message about me not being there when she needed me. She then called my back-up, and left her an irate message since she leaves at 4:30. Then called me BACK and said it was pointless for me to leave my back-ups info on my greeting if she wasn't going to be there after hours either.

We laughed a lot on Monday morning.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #19
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Ill call you 300 times and not leave a voice mail. Its a lot harder to brush me off when you're speaking to me.

Ill also call other ppl at your employment until I reach somebody to forward me to you, and if I get voicemail, ill start all over again.

I believe in doing business with ppl, not machines.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Ill call you 300 times and not leave a voice mail. Its a lot harder to brush me off when you're speaking to me.

Ill also call other ppl at your employment until I reach somebody to forward me to you, and if I get voicemail, ill start all over again.

I believe in doing business with ppl, not machines.
It's very easy to brush you off when I don't know who you are.