Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Choke on a bag of dicks. This is what you get for trying to tell people how to live.

Seems they're running out of money, because when times get hard, people don't believe in paying a self imposed stupid tax. I don't even feel bad for those forced to foreclose because they couldn't make up the fees that the original forclosees (word?) didn't pay......
Did you actually read the article? Its not about telling people how to live. Its about the people not paying the dues and leeching free services.

I pay 240 a month for my association dues, but water, trash, lawn, pool care, roofs, insurance, driveway, gate maintenance is all paid. Its actually quite worth it to me because then on the weekends I can go ride and only worry about upkeeping the inside.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Same here. I live in a culdesac and for some reason they don't like this...

Ok...not my culdesac or my tracks...just messin'.
I was going to say.. You felt like blowing though a grand in tires in 30 seconds?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I was going to say.. You felt like blowing though a grand in tires in 30 seconds?
I was wondering

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #14
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I have an HOA. They've done nothing for me but some dude recently got elected (I didn't vote, nor was I asked to) and decided to come have a talk with me. He was warned never to come back on my property. Not in a mean way...I didn't sign anything to be a member of a HOA nor do I pay dues. Stop bitching about me parking in MY driveway.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

We have had this debate already, the HOA people want to be snobby asshats and tell people what they can do on the property and then say "well you paid to live in this area" and the nonHOA people just agree that they are asshats. End of thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
Banana Hammock
Chopdix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
We have had this debate already, the HOA people want to be snobby asshats and tell people what they can do on the property and then say "well you paid to live in this area" and the nonHOA people just agree that they are asshats. End of thread.
I like ass hats, especially the ones that are ribbed for my pleasure
Banana Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #17
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

My neighborhood doesn't have a HOA. It works pretty well. Everyone mows their grass, keeps bushes trimmed, and people voluntarily maintain the nighborhood entrance sign. No need for a HOA we just do it. Spontaneous organization FTW!!!

Plus no one gets pissy if a dog is running around without a leash, or upset with the kid who made a little ATV trail next to his house, nor do people get upset when the street is slammed full of cars from someone having a party.

Now I agree that if you agree to live in a HOA neighborhood that you have to sometimes suffer the consequences and that HOAs can have a place. But often times the only people who get on a HOA are bored jobless housewives who suddenly have power and just fall in love with it the same way our politicians do. Then they get rediculious.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No kidding...that could get expensive really quick.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

We have a small HOA and it leaves people alone, unless you are messing up. The Association has a board, which is usually the people who do most of the work and a president, who is the guy with the tractor and does the most work...we live on a dirt road. Our dues are about 10 bucks a month plus 10 gallons of diesel per year per member for the tractor. We did have a special assessment in February of 20 bucks per "lot" to buy a new tire for the tractor...

We meet once a quarter, usually a "work day" and set up in a different yard and have the grill and tables set up under the pop ups and make a social event out of it. Of course, no member has any problem telling another member about any issues, and No money can be spent without a 2/3 vote of the total membership. It works for us

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I agree that for the most part the HOAs are sol in this instance as most of these people are probably in foreclosure and couln't give a fuck less what the HOA has to say. The mortgage companies give deadbeats 6 months to a year to get out so.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote