Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

well fucking shit. i'll buy it if i have to, to stay legal in the riding months. cause thats the ONLY time i should ever bother being on the rode in a manner in which i could get pulled over. but fucking year round, fuck that.

i dont understand how i can have my full license back, and have insurance, and still need this shit. seriously, its like what the fuck? for christs sake my financial situation has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING related to my suspension, why does it come into play now?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

In ND it is only for alcohol related offenses.

I've lost my license twice for too many points and never had to file an SR-22.
Got a DUI, and gotta have it. Sucks balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #13
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
did a little google search'n and here's some good info
http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/financial_re...quirements.htm

looks like your kinda SOL... that sucks
yea, i've read that. but the thing is all i need is this sr22 shit to get my license reinstated... other than that i dont see how it will be an issue? if i get pulled over i'll have proof of insurance via my insurance cards, and my license will be legit...
Old 04-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
well fucking shit. i'll buy it if i have to, to stay legal in the riding months. cause thats the ONLY time i should ever bother being on the rode in a manner in which i could get pulled over. but fucking year round, fuck that.

i dont understand how i can have my full license back, and have insurance, and still need this shit. seriously, its like what the fuck? for christs sake my financial situation has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING related to my suspension, why does it come into play now?
Carefull... don't wanna end up back at the begining

Quote:
Ohio law requires verification of proof of financial responsibility whenever a person is "randomly selected" by the BMV and requested to provide such verification. This process includes the mailing of letters to a random selection of five percent (5%) of registered Ohio vehicle and noncommercial truck owners. Approximately 5,400 notices are generated per week or 280,000 notices annually.

The BMV is required to send written notice by regular mail to the owner of each vehicle randomly selected, informing the owner that proof showing financial responsibility coverage was in effect on the date specified must be submitted within 21 days of the mailing of the notice. This notification is sent to the person at the person's last known address as shown on the records of the BMV.

The owner may submit evidence to show that the vehicle is exempt because the vehicle:

Is used on a seasonal basis only and the date specified is out of season for that vehicle;

Is inoperable or has been out of service for a period of at least 30 days immediately prior to the selection date or;

Is exempt for any other reason the BMV may prescribe.

The procedures for requiring verification of proof of financial responsibility by random selection are as follows:

First notice of suspension. If the vehicle owner, within that 21-day period, fails to respond, fails to give acceptable evidence that the vehicle is exempt, or fails to give acceptable proof of financial responsibility, the BMV must order the suspension of the person's license and the impoundment of the person's certificate of registration and license plates, effective no less than 56 days after the date of the mailing of notice of suspension. The notice must be in writing and sent to the person at the person's last known address as shown on the BMV's records.

Second notice of suspension. If, within 21 days after the date of the mailing of the notice of suspension, the Registrar does not receive proof or acceptable evidence that the vehicle is exempt, the BMV must send a second notice of suspension to the person by certified mail return receipt requested. (If the first notice of suspension is returned as not deliverable, the BMV is required to make reasonable efforts to determine whether the owner's address has changed before sending the second notice.) The second notice is to contain the same suspension date as the original notice of suspension, unless the Registrar determines that a different suspension date is necessary to give the person adequate notice.

Suspension effective. If the BMV does not receive acceptable proof and the person does not give acceptable evidence that the vehicle is exempt, the BMV is to permit the order of the suspension of the license and the impoundment of the certificate of registration and license plates to take effect.

Hearing. A person adversely affected by an order of the BMV may request an administrative hearing with the BMV. The scope of the hearing is limited to (1) whether the vehicle is exempt and (2) whether the person in fact demonstrated to the Registrar proof of financial responsibility. The person must pay the cost of the hearing if the Registrar's order of suspension or impoundment is upheld.

Reinstatement by a deputy registrar. A person whose license has been suspended for failure to respond to a random verification request may present at the office of any deputy registrar proof that the person had financial responsibility coverage on the date specified by the Registrar. If the proof is acceptable and the person is not under any other suspensions, the deputy registrar must reissue the person's driver's license and vehicle registration upon payment of the applicable statutory fees other than the reinstatement fee.

The Random Selection Program is administered by a subsidiary office of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles located in Richfield, Ohio. Therefore, for this program only, correspondence should be addressed to:

Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles

P.O. Box 390

Richfield, OH 44286-0390

The phone number for questions is 1-866-835-6305.

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

argh i hate this shit.

I will do it, but i am going to swear a vendetta against the state of ohio. some day i will enact my sweet revenge on these blood sucking capitalists... and a that is a promise.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I say move... fuck ohio... at least if your gonna still pay the SR22... you'll pay it to another state who wasn't the reason you had to have it in the first place.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #17
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

good fucking idea. yet im still bone broke. i think i'll start lookin for schools out east where i can finish my courses and still get adequate financial aide.

fuck ohio, im so done with it.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

well when I get to CO... you've got a place to crash there.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
well when I get to CO... you've got a place to crash there.
i'll hold you to that, my friend, be forewarned.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #20
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

please... I'm serious, ya'll are welcome at my place pretty much any time (obviously as long as I'm in town )